03-08-2020 12:16 PM
I was going to update my gopro via my phone. It then shut down and now I can't seem to turn it on or off. There is a "!" sign with a ring around. I have tried formatting the sd card without any luck. I'm using a compatible sd card, pc will not recognise the camera and the camera won't recognise the sd card after formatting it and putting in the update folder.
03-08-2020 01:05 PM
Hello @stoutridge23802. The symbol you described indicates an incomplete camera firmware update. We recommend doing a manual update to clear the issue. Refer to the steps for guide:
- Go to the HERO5 Black or HERO5 Session update page.
- Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
- Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
- Click "Download Update."
- Click "Click here to download firmware."
- Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.
Make sure that the camera battery is fully charged, and that the SD card that you use is formatted and is among the recommended ones on this list.
03-08-2020 09:13 PM
We appreciate the quick response. In that case, let our Support team know so they can walk you through the next steps. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request.