Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro cutomer service

Dear Sir or Madam I hope this reaches someone at GoPro who will be able to act on the shortfalls of your customer service team. On the 7th November 2019 I reached out your team to confirm that my camera was suitable for your trade up scheme and was told it was. I then took time to look at which GoPro was best for me? On 11th November I decided to go for the GoPro 8. I did notice on your site that the process did say that it could take upto 14 days from recieving the old camera till completion of the order. As I was due to go on Holiday on the 21st November I thought prior to ordering I would contact your chat team again to see whether or not the upto 14 days meant that the GoPro 8 would not be delivered in time for my holiday? I spoke to a polite gentleman called Mark Joseph who informed me that the order would completed prior to me going on holiday. As a result I ordered the camera and sent my old one off immiedietly on the 11th. The old camera was deliverd to your warehouse on the 13th. Two days later I decided to contact your customer service again but this time via phone. I was informed that the order would be processed within 48 hours and sent out. I informed your member of staff it had already been 48 hours. He as a result said he would check up on the order and get back. Roll onto today 18th November still no contact and still no movement on my order and 2 days before my holiday? Spoke first to a lady called Ellen Jane who was not able to provide any further information before I was cut off from the call. I then rang back and spoke to a man called Fred who was still unabvle to provide any info or help on my order. In total I was on the two calls for over 40 minutes whilst they tried but failed to speak to the warehouse? The really annoying thing about this saga is that I went out of my way to contact gopro to ensure that I had sufficent time to order and recieve my new camera. If I had been told it woulkd not I would probably have still ordered the camera but when I got back from my holiday. Now I am not sure what I am going to do as It will not arrive before we go away. I am away for 2 weeks so no one will be here to recieve it and no tracking number to contact UPS to make alternative arrangements? I think this will be the last camera I will order from gopro and will be letting as many people as possible know the standard of your customer service. I would cancel the order but I am unsure if I would get my old camera back, which less than 1 year old? I have attached copies of the transcripts from your chat room.

Screenshot 2019-11-18 at 16.17.40.png
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro cutomer service

same experience here. I sent my defective hero8 which wont charge after the update.Customer service from the Philippines sent me an RMA label. Shipped it to SG, arrived to their warehouse on the 7th of this month and till now, I havent got my bnew repalcement hero8. As per customer service, they dont have bnew stocks of hero 8 on their warehosue as of the moment, and they dont know when it will restock. I paid for a working camera (spend a couple of box preordering it) but to my dissmay, it took forever to be repalced! Customer service sucks, keep on repeating the same spiel over and over again. Keep on saying that they will send an email to the warehosue team and will update me but I never got an email update! I hope someone from the goPro USA will be able to read this and act on this asap! Give at least urgency on our matter! This is our hard earned money and you keep delaying things with no heads up as of when your gonaa ship the repalcmeent unit! I am very very very dissapointed! Im a 1st time gopro user and very unsatisfied with your product and your customer service support! 

RMA#: RMA-531900
Case#: 07191703

Highlighted
Nomad

Same exact situation almost down to the dates of the order. The only difference is I'm still waiting for the email so that I can send them my old camera. I haven't heard a single thing from them.
Highlighted
Tourist

Even worse after spending all that time explaining what had happened (as per my first post) got a reply from gopro just stating the upto 14 days info on their website. The fact that I contacted them prior to order and they said that my deadline of 10 days was achievable is lost on them. Wonder if a email to GoPro managing director is required as I am sure he is unaware of what a damaging customer service is doing to his business. I have done a little digging and the vast majority of feedback on customer service is negative which is a pity as there cameras feedback is very positive?

Highlighted
Tourist

If you have any email address we can forward are complains, pls share it here. Their support is the worst! Always gives out false promises but in reality, they don't have any access to those people on the warehouse. Their customer support are almost useless if you look at the main problem.. **bleep** as fck!
Highlighted
Tourist

Does anybody from GoPro monitor this message board or are customers just complaining to themselves?

Highlighted
Nomad

It's actually a member to member forum.  GoPro reps do monitor these but they probably give priority to actual camera issues that they can solve.  Sales is a completely different department and there's very little a tech support rep can do by tell you to contact sales.  For issues with delays, shipments etc, you need to contact GoPro sales support directly. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs 

Highlighted
Tourist

Did that but after 40 minutes of going around in circles gave up. All of them or at least the four I have spoken to read off a script anbd have little function other than to make excuses as why what one department said (sales) had nbot been carried out once they had my money?