Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Explorer

Re: GoPro customer service Drop off / Even with Plus Membership ($5 / month)

[ New ]
I recently had a Karma battery that I allowed to fully discharge and sit for over a month. It would no longer take a charge (which is common with drone batteries when you fully deplete them). I contacted GoPro and they sent me out a new one free of charge. Another time my son dropped my HERO6 Black off a three story balcony and the rear LCD cracked. I called to do the GoPro Plus replacement (which includes a small fee) but they gave me a free one time replacement. When the HERO7 Black came out there was an issue with 2.7K Superview and Hypersmooth off where a faint red line would appear. I contacted GoPro and they were very professional and apologetic. Soon after they fixed the issue.

I've also contacted them on several occasions on behalf of members here on this site before GoPro Plus became available world wide. Since GoPro Plus gives 24 hour support I was able to quickly help them get their questions answered. Every time the reps have been courteous and helpful.

Again, did you return your cameras?

It's a bummer that you feel that you were getting poor customer service. I hope you know that the two other companies you mentioned are known for pretty dreadful Customer Service. Especially DJI. Best of luck.
Adventurer

[ New ]

You said you got your refund,  right on the third contact?      Please forgive me when I  type this because we all take a character the wrong way and get insulted, not  here to do that.

You  noticed the Trade up but did you read the finer prints? and know GoPro will not return   the product.  GoPro  left out some information on the Terms, and one was no where do you need t oown a Prevous gopro to obtain the trade up price apon a  refund to use  at a later time, or an expiration date. 

I do hope  you get to a  upper management and talk to them.  I really do hope the moderator can do that here for you  toTag one. 

Keep us posted not a Big Happy family I bet?

Explorer

[ New ]
I'm just curious why a conversation with a supervisor is needed? Cameras returned? Cameras used for trade up are recycled and as part of the agreement non-returnable and are given no monetary value except as a discount on the new camera. It sounds like the reps were trying to offer solutions but ultimately the cameras were returned. No problem with that, but why would they call back now?
Adventurer

[ New ]

@danielr15 totally agree.   

Something we did years ago was to send a  letter to the Corperation by Postal. and a reply back by a letter,  

AddressPhone

• 3000 Clearview Way
  • San Mateo, California 94402
(650) 345-3706

Phone:

650-332-7600

Hiker

[ New ]
@aenriquez

Still non follow up from GoPro?
Hiker

[ New ]

@fishycomics

They took my good cameras give me bad cameras and do not have any intention of taking care of me on the good cameras / money that I'm out.

So I much time and money (~$1500) invested and im out the money and time, not gopro.

At this point I am just a public service announcement for dealing with GoPro.

If you get a good camera, I hear great things, but if you get a bad one, good luck. Customer service has exited stage right about a year ago.

Adventurer

[ New ]

@weisserb wrote:

I was so upset that I returned everything I could, and asked that a Supervisor call me back.

[

you returned everything    to gopro you need an RMA number, you had that?

Hiker

[ New ]

3 x RMAs 

I'm done, I bought a Hero 6 off of Facebook and so far so good.