Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: GoPro constantly freezes underwater

Best of luck! I've used my HERO7 Black in the SuperSuit without issue, so it should with for you. I've only had freezing a few times, and it was only when I used one particular SanDisk Extreme v30 card (others worked fine). It took awhile for me to figure out it was that one particular card because it wouldn't do it right away. Usually it was after about 15-20 minutes of having the camera in and recording on and off. When it did freeze, I was able to get the camera to reboot and save the video by holding down the side Mode button for about 10-12 seconds and then releasing. The camera wouldn't beep or show any changes while I held down the button, but as soon as I let go it would restart and repair the file.

I stopped using that one particular card (I have four other SanDisk Extreme v30 cards and two Samsung Evo Select that work fine), and haven't had the freezing return.
Highlighted
Explorer

Sorry, withing this on my phone and didn't notice the auto corrects.

The camera should WORK for you with the Super Suit 😉
Highlighted
Tourist

Hi I am having issues with my go pro 7 black brand new. Just started using it underwater and it keeps freezing up very frustrating. When I get it back to shore and wipe it down and take the battery out and put it back it is fine. So can anyone give me some info please 

caseysam13@gmail.com 

Highlighted
Explorer

1) Make sure you are using a recommended SD card
2) Perform a manual update
3) Don't use Auto Low light
4) Set the camera orientation to UP (or down if you hold the camera upside down).
5) If the camera freezes, don't pull the battery. Press and hold the side Mode/Power button for about 10-12 seconds (nothing will happen while you are doing this, but when you release the camera should reboot).
Highlighted
Sightseer

I have the exact same problem.

How was this resolved?

Highlighted
Hiker

My first issue with freezing was due to my SD card even though it was one of the recommended ones. I changed to a SanDisk pro and some of the issues were resolved.

Dan15 hasn't had an issue with his original supersuit and gopro7 black but others have so it might be a hardware issue. Irrespective the autodimming feature can't be disabled which makes it less than optimal when compared to the GoPro 5/6.

I've given up on the GoPro7 black for diving and amazon have refunded my money so I'm going to try a DJI osmo action and their dive suit
Highlighted
Tourist

Hey Daniel could you explain point 4 to me please as I’m not up with techno stuff cheers
Highlighted
Explorer

Go to Preferences>Touch Display and change the orientation from Auto to UP. I suspect the auto orientation might get a little wonky when the camera is under water. Setting the orientation to just one view relieves the camera from having to try and figure out if the camera is being held right side up, sideways, or upside down.