Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro connect to projector

[ New ]
When I connect my GoPro to my Epson projector...
GoPro shows media files...

I want to project what my camera is right now seeing... Please help!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro connect to projector

[ New ]

@anoopi8744, if you want to see the live preview of your camera through HDTV, you have to set the camera's HDMI Output settings to Monitor. Here's the step-by-step instructions on how to do this:

1. From the camera’s main screen, swipe down to access the Dashboard.
    • Tap Preferences > Input/Output > HDMI Output, then choose one of these options:
    • Tap Monitor to see your camera’s live preview with the icons and camera info that you usually see on the touch screen.
    • Tap Live to see the live preview without the icons and camera info.
  2. Use a micro HDMI cable (sold separately) to connect your camera to an HDTV or monitor.
  3. Select the HDMI input on the TV.

You can find more information about this at the HERO7 Black camera's Product Manual (page 56).

In addition to this, the LCD touch display of the camera will eventually go blank once the camera is connected to an HDTV or monitor via HMDI. However, the touch function should still allow you to scroll through the Media Playback List. You can toggle and navigate through the screen menu by using the the Mode and Shutter buttons of the camera.

Hopefully this helps!

Ann

View solution in original post

Tourist

[ New ]
Thank you so much Ann for your great help.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @anoopi8744. The HERO7 Black is designed to work with HDTVs. When connected to an HDTV using a microHDMI cable, the camera is able to display media both for play back and live preview. There is information here on the best ways to achieve video out signal via HDMI. Hope this helps. 

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for reply...

I visited the link:
According to the description "Once the camera is ON and connected you should initially see a live preview of whatever the camera is currently facing. "

I want the same result but in my case the camera is showing pics and videos I captured.

Because the camera screen turns off when connected to HDTV, it becomes difficult to handle. But the touch screen of the camera still senses the touch.

Please help...!
GoPro

[ New ]

@anoopi8744, if you want to see the live preview of your camera through HDTV, you have to set the camera's HDMI Output settings to Monitor. Here's the step-by-step instructions on how to do this:

1. From the camera’s main screen, swipe down to access the Dashboard.
    • Tap Preferences > Input/Output > HDMI Output, then choose one of these options:
    • Tap Monitor to see your camera’s live preview with the icons and camera info that you usually see on the touch screen.
    • Tap Live to see the live preview without the icons and camera info.
  2. Use a micro HDMI cable (sold separately) to connect your camera to an HDTV or monitor.
  3. Select the HDMI input on the TV.

You can find more information about this at the HERO7 Black camera's Product Manual (page 56).

In addition to this, the LCD touch display of the camera will eventually go blank once the camera is connected to an HDTV or monitor via HMDI. However, the touch function should still allow you to scroll through the Media Playback List. You can toggle and navigate through the screen menu by using the the Mode and Shutter buttons of the camera.

Hopefully this helps!

Ann

Tourist

[ New ]
Thank you so much Ann for your great help.
GoPro

[ New ]

@anoopi8744, you're welcome. Feel free to post back if anything else comes up. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

Tourist

[ New ]
I'm able to view gopro screen on HDTV... But now the problem is a constant, sharp and loud sound ....

Please help to resolve the issue...

Thanks in advance...

Regards,
Anoop
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @anoopi8744

Is there a chance that connection/circuit is grounded?

Are you able to try other ports/ cables?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Yes connection is grounded. I tried with different hdtv. But no difference. Still experiencing the same sharp louder sound.
Tourist

[ New ]
Yes circuit is grounded and I tried with different cable and other HDTV, but I'm experiencing the same problem.
Tourist

[ New ]
Please help me to overcome the problem...

Not able to use GoPro for desired purpose...
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @anoopi8744. Could the loud sound be due to static? Please check and see if the location of the camera (base it is put on be metal or wood or any other material) when connected to the HDTV matters. If not, and you have already tried a different cable and different compatible TV,it would be best to get in touch with our Support team for further assistance.  You can reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs .