Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro chapter error

This past weekend I set up my GoPro (Hero 3+ Black) to record my daughters wedding. After 26 minutes it created a new file. I wasn't aware of this file chapetering feature until I did a search. The issue I'm having is I can open the G0PRxxxx.MP4 file OK but I can't open or import the GPOxxxx.MP4 file. It's file details are 1.55 GB and roughly 10 minutes long but I can't do anything with the file (Using a MAC).

Thanks in Advance!

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro chapter error

Update: I used Quik to import the two files directly from the GoPro and I think I'm in better shape. No idea how to take the full clip from each file and put them together. Quik seems to want me to take portions of the video files and piece together, I want to merge the entire two files.

Highlighted
Tourist

Well the more I read about Quik the more useless it is .... only 60 seconds and you MUST add music, that is really pathetic. Seems like Quik is the only app that I can get the GPO1xxxx.MP4 file imported so it actually works. But given the major limits of Quik I'm stuck. My daughter would really love to have the last 10 minutes of her wedding video. Getting very frustrated .... if anyone can help, I'd be in your debt.

Highlighted
Tourist

Fixed .... used ffmpeg as suggested in another post. Now I can edit in Studio!