Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro app does not connects to GoPro HERO7

[ New ]

Hello,

I've used new (arrived just few days ago) GoPro HERO7 white camera, bought from official store GoPro, with GoPro app installed on my Android phone, I did not changed anything in camera or phone settings, but today after last successful using session when I've tried connect it to camera, phone side shows this message after long wait loading, I've followed all given recommendations, but nothing helps and I've checked it with three different android devices:

89780819_493965927958185_7249870839636557824_n.jpg

On the camera side, when I go to Preferences/Connections/Wireless Connections and tap to <On> then with "Connect a new device?" message tap to <Connect>, it forwards to GOPRO APP instruction, when app is already installed and open. By some reason "Wireless Connections" in camera Preferences does not turns On and it is still Off, so it seems like I'm not able to turn it On:

87848158_2644982469057242_1491290508633309184_n.png

Any advice, guide or example would very helpful

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro app does not connects to GoPro HERO7

[ New ]

We appreciate you going through the suggested troubleshooting. The next steps include making sure that:

• your phone is updated to the latest OS version
  • you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed
  • you have restarted your phone after the above updates

Once done, reset Wi-Fi connections by forgetting GoPro first from the list of Wi-Fi networks on your phone settings and deleting it from the list of Bluetooth devices. Also, remove the camera from the list on the GoPro App. Then re-pair.

There are more device-specific troubleshooting steps at Troubleshooting GoPro App Connectivity Issues that you may try as well. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @ladoo01717. It is odd that your HERO7 White camera does not allow selecting ON on the wireless connection option. If you haven't done it yet, try resetting the camera to default. See the steps below: 

1. From the main screen, swipe down.
  2. Tap Preferences > Reset > Factory Reset > Confirm Reset

Ensure that the wireless connection is ON, then pair your camera with your phone again. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello,

Thank you for your quick replay

So, I've reseted camere as you've suggested with Factory Reset

Now Wireless Connections shows "On", (I want to note, before Factory Reset once it also was switched to "On" successfully after number of restart attempts), but  connection to the camera does not works, I still see "We had trouble connecting with your GoPro" message GoPro app on my phone

GoPro

[ New ]

We appreciate you going through the suggested troubleshooting. The next steps include making sure that:

• your phone is updated to the latest OS version
  • you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed
  • you have restarted your phone after the above updates

Once done, reset Wi-Fi connections by forgetting GoPro first from the list of Wi-Fi networks on your phone settings and deleting it from the list of Bluetooth devices. Also, remove the camera from the list on the GoPro App. Then re-pair.

There are more device-specific troubleshooting steps at Troubleshooting GoPro App Connectivity Issues that you may try as well.