Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro app asking for password for different gopro, password update not working

Hey there, 

I'm trying to connect the app to a gopro hero 3+ and having difficulties. The app tells me to enter the password for GOPROBLACK2 and doesn't accept the default password goprohero. I've tried looking for what the gopro black 2 password is with no luck (is there even a gopro black?). Any tips? I've gone through the process to reset the password that it says on the website, but when i put the SD card with the update in the UPDATE folder into the gopro and turn it back on, it just shows me the charging/usb symbol rather than saying there's un update (or that the update failed). 

Thanks

Jess

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: GoPro app asking for password for different gopro, password update not working

@turdusmerula - With the HERO3 cameras, try putting the four files from the Update folder in the main directory of your SD card instead of in the Update folder. Then pop the SD card back in your computer and restart the camera to start the update.

Full instructions are at https://gopro.com/help/articles/How_To/Software-Update-Instructions-for-HERO3-Cameras if you need them.

Thanks,

Jeff