Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

GoPro Update/SD Card

[ Edited ]

Hello. My name is Evan and I just updated my GoPro Hero 5 through the Capture app on my phone after removing all my previous photos/videos off of the SD Card, and once I updated my GoPro all of a sudden 2 hours of space got wiped off my SD Card. It went from 4 hours and 15 minutes before the update to 2 hours and 8 minutes after the update. This is really annoying because I'm having a video project tomorrow that I'm going to need all the space I can get. Is there any way I can fix this or get it replaced asap? I do not have a lot of time so something quick and easy would be best. If not that is ok. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Update/SD Card

Hi @evanc265,

You could be seeing a difference in time you have for recording because the setting have changed. The camera will estimate the time you can record based off of the resolution and frame rates that you select. If you would like to have more time for recording for your project I would recommend shooting in something like 1080 30fps. Hope that helps!

Best,

Ryan

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @evanc265,

You could be seeing a difference in time you have for recording because the setting have changed. The camera will estimate the time you can record based off of the resolution and frame rates that you select. If you would like to have more time for recording for your project I would recommend shooting in something like 1080 30fps. Hope that helps!

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Sightseer

My apologies for the late reply, but yes you are actually correct. Thank you for clearing that up for me 👍🏼