Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro Subscription Service Support replying to my old support ticket, not my new one!?!

[ New ]

I'm not sure what's going on at GoPro, but I submitted a callback and detailed in the description that it was about the audio crackles on the Hero 9. Videos are rendered useless as a constant audio crackling seems to emanate from nowhere. Anyway, GoPro support replied to me via a 'do not reply' email telling me that they are processing my refund for my Hero 8. I already have my refund processed. The latest support ticket makes no mention of this. I am asking for support on audio for the Hero 9. 

Do GoPro read their support tickets? I am hoping this audio issue will be sorted out in a firmware update because the audio on the Hero 8 was perfectly fine. If audio problems are something that GoPro are looking into, can you at least reply to me and tell me this? That will put my mind at ease knowing it'll be sorted out. Otherwise I'll have no other choice but to send the camera back for a refund.

GoPro

Re: GoPro Subscription Service Support replying to my old support ticket, not my new one!?!

[ New ]

Hello @kiarian

What SD card are you using?

If you haven't yet, please try re-flashing the software.

https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero9-black

Once done, reset the camera. Go to Preferences> Reset> Factory Reset

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Please log a new case for this concern.

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

Re: GoPro Subscription Service Support replying to my old support ticket, not my new one!?!

[ New ]

Hi Ej,

Thanks for the reply. It's a 128GB SanDisk Extreme (up to 160 MB/s. Class 10). I've formatted the card and have reset the Hero 9 to factory defaults. I'll test it out in the next day or so. Hopefully this will sort it!

Cheers

Kiarian

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi Ej,

So I've just reformatted SD card and reset Hero 9 camera. Taking camera out again, using the protective case and bike mount. My pushbike, a Boardman URB 8.9 is extremely quiet. I removed the lock from the bike to prevent any rattling. First recording cycling on smooth tarmac, you can still hear a low crackling, then as soon as I cycle onto some cobbles.... absolute carnage, audio crackling all over the place. Footage unsuable. 

Support is not working as every time I submit a call back I am told I have already submitted one and am waiting on a call back. This is from a week ago. I am on the subscription service. Support is NOT working. Can you please sort this out or I will have to regretfully return camera.

Regards,

Kiarian

Hiker

[ New ]

Reply to myself message 3:

For anyone who has purchased the protective case for the Hero 9, I think that may be the problem with the audio problems. Audio seems to be normal using camera without protective case. It looks like either the speaker or microphone of the Hero 9 is just below the lens. Is that correct GoPro?
Could this placement be creating the crackling audio? Am I just talking to myself now seeing as it's now impossible to submit a ticket?!

Earth to GoPro. Come in GoPro.

Hiker

[ New ]

Hey Kiarian, what's up? Kiarian here. I just went out without the rigid protective case on the bike using the bike mount. Sound is perfect, no problem at all. 

So to conclude by way of deduction, the protective rigid case for the Hero 9 renders all footage useless if you are using it in any way on a bike, or on foot, or moving in any way, because audio crackling.

Still waiting for a callback from customer support from five days ago. I may need to return the protective case!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @kiarian

Were you able to share a sample file with Support?

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi Ej,

Yes, I forwarded a YouTube url link to the upload screen one of your colleagues sent me. They have acknowledged receipt. Thanks for the reply!

Kiarian

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi,
It's been ten days. Just wondering if GoPro have come to any conclusions about the footage I supplied regarding audio problems using the rigid protective case with the bike mount using the Hero 9?

Regards,

Kiariam

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @kiarian

Sorry for any trouble caused.

It will be best to reach out to Support to follow up on your case.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Heads up! Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi Ej,
Thanks for the reply but I'm not going to submit another support request callback to find out what is happening with my ongoing support ticket. It's up to GoPro to contact me to tell me what their findings are with my video. This has already taken a good few hours creating the video, chasing up this request, submitting video etc etc.
All GoPro have to do is watch it, and tell me what they think the problem is. 
I'm not trying to be difficult but come on dude, requesting another callback? GoPro, you need to contact me!

Thanks

Kiarian

Hiker

[ New ]

I've waited two weeks for my video to be reviewed. What is a Rubber Locking Plate and why is the Hero 9 not bundled with one? I am told this reduces audio creaking. I am already using the protective case with the skeleton door and the wind is not a problem, but the video I submitted had a major amount of creaking, not minor. The video clearly shows creaking on rougher surfaces.

I cannot find a Rubber Locking Plate in the store and I've never seen one bundled with either the Hero 8 or 9.

GoPro

[ New ]

@kiarian, will you be able to share with us a photo of the Rubber Locking Plate that you're referring to?

We do not have such a GoPro accessory/mount. Are you referring to the Rubber Locking Plug and Camera Tether? We no longer have this accessory available at gopro.com, however, you may be able to find this at various stores/channels.

Promotions and bundles on our website change frequently throughout the year. You can find our latest deals at https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/cameras.