Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: GoPro Session - Freezing/Heating up/Not recording

Same issues. Brand new Session 5 less than 24 hours old.  The exact san disk 64 gb card Go Pro recommends. I followed the instructions to the T. It worked for about  2 hours then i started having problems.  At first, it wouldn't turn off, then I couldn't access  menu options before shutting down. Now it won't accept a charge, not recognized by computer and won't take a wall charge. Contacted warranty see what happens before I file claim with my ccard. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes I purchased it this Christmas and I am having the same issues with my hero session, like getting hot and randomly stopping recording half way through, I have a lexar 300x 32gb micro sd what sd would you guys recommend for my GoPro?

Thanks

Sam

image.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

@Anonymous, 

I think the SD card is the issue in this case. We recommend the Lexar 633x or the Lexar 1000x. Check out the full list below.

RECOMMENDED SD CARDS 

Highlighted
Explorer

The Lexar 1000x also comes with a USB 3.0 reader. 😊
Highlighted
Explorer

Lexar 300x is not fast enough for GoPro cameras (Except the Original 2010 Hero or maybe Hero2)
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

GoPro - one should think it is possible for you to make some validation-procedure in the firmware so the SD card can be tested before you go into the field.

Seems you keep having issues with cards making cameras heatup and hang - even in the latest editions of your hardware.

The problem has been identified long ago - I think you could do better in helping consumers on this matter.

I Have a Hero Session - latest firmware is 2.0 from March 2016 - nearly 12 months ago.

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

So I am having the same issue with the camera getting hot and freezing. I have only had the camera one month I bought it in a bundle from Currys, http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/cameras-and-camcorders/camcorders/camcorders/digital-camcorders/gopro-h.... I cannot see it listed in the recommened miceosd cards but it is a Sandisk card, can someone tell me if this card is compaitable?

Thanks

Dean

Highlighted
Anonymous

You are in same situation as I was in summer 2015. Purchased bundle from reseller - and it didnt work.

Why dont GoPro educate the resellers on what works - 2 years down the road ?

Why donth they fix the problems 2 years down the road ?

Gopro Drone was removed from marked. Why ?

Amasing a large company like this is not bothered about fixing consumer problems - and keep releasing products that dont work.