Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: GoPro Session - Freezing/Heating up/Not recording

Yes, I'm super please and happy with my purchases as well. I did own the Karma System including the drone and Grip stabilizer. Amazing technology, I'll be getting it again. GoPro really showed their professionalism and dedication to their customers when they recalled and sent out free Hero5 Black cameras after a few drones crashed. Most people who bought one never had an issue, just like most people, myself included, never had an issue with Session (H4 & H5).

It is a shame that some people have issues, but GoPro offers a very generous one year warranty, user community support site (this one), and a GoPro support team that can be contacted via email, phone, or online chat.

It is a bummer that the battery is not removable but that's just not how these cameras are designed. I'm sure it was discussed and may eventually be in future designs, but I can imagine that engineering such a small compact and water proof camera was no easy feat.

Retailers really should be more conscientious when recommending SD cards but it does seem that many are more concerned with getting inferior SD cards off their shelves than ensuring their customers a good experience with the camera.

The SD card list GoPro puts out isn't so much a limited list of cards that will work, but rather a list of cards they have tested and proved to work. It's a shame that there are so many inferior cards out there but designing and manufacturing SD cards is no easy task. I've always used Samsung Pro, Lexar and occasionally SanDisk cards (Except SanDisk Ultra, they are garbage) and have had a trouble free experience with them.

You are correct that no other camera/camcorder acts like a GoPro. I have a few that have been collecting dust ever since I started using my GoPro cameras. If they did I probably never would have gotten my first GoPro. Thankfully GoPro came out with a camera that fulfilled my need.
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Just bought this overpriced trash and it **bleep**s there while on, I press to record and it does nothing.  Is SanDisk not OK?  Is the SD AMAZON recommends not OK?  Do I need to jump through firey hoops to get htis to work???????

Highlighted
Tourist

It's seems pretty clear that you were paid to write this piece of bulls*it.

It's so patently obvious that your story is fake.

How come GoPro has thousands of complaints all of the same symptoms?

How come they have still not solved the problem of freezing up.

You would think that any large American company with millions of dollars at it's disposal as well as a large R and D department would be able to solve this recurring problem with ALL the models so far.

But no, still the same issues, all due to the sd cards not being suitable.

Well why the hell is the sd card affecting the rest of the camera?

Why do they get so hot?

How come Sony and all the other brands of action cams on the market are able to handle all types of sd cards without an issue?

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

I have a card that is on the approved list and the camera still freezes (SanDisk extreme 32 GB), please advise quickly or ill simple return.

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

As of today many users still experience problems with accepted SD cards.  Hopefully they can just return the trash for a refund because it seems that is the only thing that will solve the issue.

Highlighted
Anonymous

From GoPro support, for users having issues with freezing:  (Hint: all their cameras freeze)

What’s the issue?

The camera is freezing up.

Where does it apply?
HERO5 Black
HERO5 Session
HERO4
HERO Session + HERO4 Session
HERO+ LCD
HERO+
HERO
HERO3+
HERO3
HD HERO2
HD HERO Original
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm confused GoPro drone guy.  You had it and you will be getting it again?  Is that due to it crashing and burning into the ground due to no fault of your own?  Kinda like their stock did after that  drones release?  Whoa, good stuff, for sure.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Yeah, I posted a lot becuse I expect a proper functioning product when I buy it 6 mo. after it ships.  Even though I bought from a flailing drone company I still expect a fully functional product and I have not received such.  So until it magically (IE software update) begins to function properly I will be here to remind you not to buy a $300 pile of trash.