Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

Re: GoPro Session - Freezing/Heating up/Not recording

[ New ]

Same issues. Brand new Session 5 less than 24 hours old.  The exact san disk 64 gb card Go Pro recommends. I followed the instructions to the T. It worked for about  2 hours then i started having problems.  At first, it wouldn't turn off, then I couldn't access  menu options before shutting down. Now it won't accept a charge, not recognized by computer and won't take a wall charge. Contacted warranty see what happens before I file claim with my ccard. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

Yes I purchased it this Christmas and I am having the same issues with my hero session, like getting hot and randomly stopping recording half way through, I have a lexar 300x 32gb micro sd what sd would you guys recommend for my GoPro?

Thanks

Sam

image.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

@Anonymous, 

I think the SD card is the issue in this case. We recommend the Lexar 633x or the Lexar 1000x. Check out the full list below.

RECOMMENDED SD CARDS 

Explorer

[ New ]
The Lexar 1000x also comes with a USB 3.0 reader. 😊
Explorer

[ New ]
Lexar 300x is not fast enough for GoPro cameras (Except the Original 2010 Hero or maybe Hero2)
Anonymous

[ New ]

GoPro - one should think it is possible for you to make some validation-procedure in the firmware so the SD card can be tested before you go into the field.

Seems you keep having issues with cards making cameras heatup and hang - even in the latest editions of your hardware.

The problem has been identified long ago - I think you could do better in helping consumers on this matter.

I Have a Hero Session - latest firmware is 2.0 from March 2016 - nearly 12 months ago.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hi All,

So I am having the same issue with the camera getting hot and freezing. I have only had the camera one month I bought it in a bundle from Currys, http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/cameras-and-camcorders/camcorders/camcorders/digital-camcorders/gopro-h.... I cannot see it listed in the recommened miceosd cards but it is a Sandisk card, can someone tell me if this card is compaitable?

Thanks

Dean

Anonymous

[ New ]

You are in same situation as I was in summer 2015. Purchased bundle from reseller - and it didnt work.

Why dont GoPro educate the resellers on what works - 2 years down the road ?

Why donth they fix the problems 2 years down the road ?

Gopro Drone was removed from marked. Why ?

Amasing a large company like this is not bothered about fixing consumer problems - and keep releasing products that dont work.