Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

GoPro Session - Freezing/Heating up/Not recording

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I've only had my Session for a really short period of time (just before Xmas) and I've been having intermittent issues with it freezing up (cannot turn it off, cannot record - it will sometimes switch between picture/video mode if I hold a button down), getting incredibly hot (as in, almost hurts to touch it it is so hot, and the camera randomly just deciding to not record at times.  

I'm using a 64GB Sandisk Ultra SD Card that I've formatted a few times to try and stop this issue.

I've tried switching the video quality, turning protune on/off, but nothing seems to get this thing working reliably.

At one point it entirely gave up on me and said it didn't have an SD card in it (which it did).

I removed the SD card, put it in another one, turned it on, turned it off, removed that one and then put my original SD card back in and it worked again.

I'm seriously confused and frustrated at this point in time because I actually don't know when this thing will work and when it won't. 

Any ideas/has anyone experienced anything similar?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Session - Freezing/Heating up/Not recording

@Anonymous@Anonymous@Anonymous

Have you tried using a different SD card in the HERO4 Session camera? You can see the list of recommended cards by camera HERE. (Note that Session is included in the HERO4 lineup.)

If you take a look through some other posts in the Community regarding Session, you'll see that a number of members found using a recommended card to be the fix when their Session had issues filming. I'm thinking the same might work for you as well!

Please let us know if you are able to try a different card and if that fixes the problem. 

Best, 

Matt B.
GoPro Support Hub Moderator

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Anonymous

I've experienced some of the same problems too with my new Session. It will stop recording randomly and will even wipe the clips from the card. 

When it stops recording it won't turn off, it will just show the number of clips on the card and then I have to reset it to turn it off in order to start recording again. 

It is very annoying. I've got a new Samsung Evo 64GB SD card coming soon and I hope it will fix the problem. 

Has anyone else had this problem? 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Got the exact same problem!! I'm on vacation in Malaysia and half of my videos, by far, were not recorded... Extremely frustrating.

Hope to see a fix soon!
Highlighted
GoPro

@Anonymous@Anonymous@Anonymous

Have you tried using a different SD card in the HERO4 Session camera? You can see the list of recommended cards by camera HERE. (Note that Session is included in the HERO4 lineup.)

If you take a look through some other posts in the Community regarding Session, you'll see that a number of members found using a recommended card to be the fix when their Session had issues filming. I'm thinking the same might work for you as well!

Please let us know if you are able to try a different card and if that fixes the problem. 

Best, 

Matt B.
GoPro Support Hub Moderator

Highlighted
Anonymous

My gopro session is doing the same thing. Over heating 2 hot 2 touch. And it also keeps popping up and saying no sd card
Highlighted
Anonymous

I have put in a new Samsung Evo 64Gb micro SD and it seems to be working now. 

I think the answer is to get a high quality SD which isn't a fake! 

Highlighted
Anonymous

So even though it just says Class 10 SD card required on the box, the Ultra is no good?  I guess I'll have to buy another SD card for this thing. What a waste of money and time this thing is.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi Matt,

Yes -this actually worked for me! I board a brand new SD-card in a GoPro certified shop, and haven't had the problem since :-) thanks for your reply! /Anders