Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: GoPro Session - Freezing/Heating up/Not recording

Why would you just buy another SD card?  Well, I guess everyone doesn't have a plethora of other professional devices that take SD cards to test on.  My bcannon 5D ($5K camera) will use any SD card and take 18MB pictures of glory with it on demand.   Meanwhile, this pile of garbage will take photos and videos when it feels like it.  Then their support will attempt to blame your SD card before sending you another piece of hardware to attempt to capture the most important moments of your life on.  

Avoid the trash.

Highlighted
Anonymous

"The list of recommended cards can chage" .. as we determine just how trash our product is.  Riddle me why my Cannon 5D did not have to refer me to a recommended list?  Because professional, no they didn't jsut slap it in their name, they put in in their product.

Highlighted
Explorer

@Anonymous

Hope this has been cathartic for you.  You are ranting on a community user support site, and while most of your comments will not be removed or edited, some do not comply with community guidelines and most likely will.  I am a GoPro user and have been since the original Hero came out.  I've had my share of issues which is how I came to understand that in most instances, it is the SD card that is causing it.  Could the cameras have been engineered better to accept more cards? Perhaps, I don't know. I do know that SanDisk was replacing many of their SD cards because there were issues with them.  Because a card works in one camera doesn't mean in will work in all cameras. Formatting seems to help.  There are many youtube videos that demonstrate this. 

What I don't understand is why you don't just return the camera if you are so unhappy.  Why waste all of your time with all of these post?  I'm not saying that you are, but you are coming across as either a juvenile or a drunk.  In either case, it's not doing much to give you any credibility.  I'm not trying to downplay your frustration or undermine your points of view, but a little maturity goes a long way.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I am having this problem as well.. Has not been reliable and now is completely just not rsponding no matter what I do. Have tried putting it on the charger, removing the sd card and putting it back in, tried holding the buttons down for a few seconds and nothing is working. 

Highlighted
Explorer

I'm sorry to hear your having issues. What SD card are you using (make/model/size). If you are using a recommended card, have you tried formatting it in your computer and then running a MANUAL update?
Highlighted
Anonymous

I am using a Lexar 32gb sd card. I have not tried the maual update. 

Highlighted
Tourist

These things should just ship with SD cards if they're so selective about which brands and speeds they're compatiable with. Agreed, waste of time and money.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Having same issue w/ GoPro Hero5 Session. Last night it froze up. Would not record, would not turn off, would not do anything. It just staying on for hours until batterey finally died. The camera itself was hot as a stove eye! I have a SanDisk Extreme PRO U3 64 GB SD card.

I've had this happen 2-3 times now and the camera is only 6 months old and been used 10 times or less.