Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: GoPro Session - Freezing/Heating up/Not recording

2 years down the road with Gopro Session card problems making camera to freeze.

Latest new developen Session 5 has the problem too.

What is going on here ????

A large company not paying any attention to tie issues reported 2 years ago ???

Keep releasing and selling new products with same well-known issue.

You should be ashamed.

Highlighted
Explorer

SanDisk Ultra is the absolute worst card for GoPro cameras. All variations of the Ultra are garbage which is probably why retailers are using them in bundles. Also, be warned that some of the SanDisk Extreme models are also faulty. In general, these are good cards but apparently SanDisk released some bad batches and are exchanging them, but only if you inquire with the company. Samsung Pro and Lexar 1000x are reliable.
Highlighted
Tourist

I absolutely agree.

They obviously don't know how to fix the problem as it's been there for most of the models.

My Hero 4 black froze up after a month, and I was using a good recommended card.

I took out extended warranty with the store so they replaced it, and up to now no problems, (3 weeks so far), but I can't say I'm confident it will last.

For a huge company which has sold millions of these things you would think they would be really trying hard to fix the problem.

Their tech support guys just repeat the same thing over and over, "try a reset with a new card".....

Not good enough!

Highlighted
Anonymous

is there any way that i can fix it without buying a new one?

Highlighted
Anonymous

"Are you sure you turned the GoPro on?"

"Did you do a manual firmware update?"

"Have you bought one or two new SD cards?"

I have the exact same problems described by numerous customers before with my GoPro Hero5 Session: battery drain, won't turn on, won't turn off, getting extremly hot, stops recording without any reason, recorded files get lost etc.

This camera is crap and GoPro should be sued for releasing such a pre-beta faulty product... will return Hero5 Session tomorrow and tell everyone I can not to buy a GoPro product anymore.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - All of those issues you have can be linked to using a non-recommended SD card. What SD card are you using?

Highlighted
Explorer

Love my GoPro Session. I'm amazed at how much you get from such a small device! The 4k video is outstanding and having all the setting options is great. I have every model of GoPro camera begining with the original Hero. All of my cameras work great. It's no wonder how GoPro has remained the king of action Cameras. Almost all of their advertising is user created videos and word of mouth. I know I've helped several people decide on their first GoPro. Every time they come back to me months later to say thanks and show me the wonderful moments they have been able to capture.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Super you are pleased with all the cameras Gopro has developed over time.

Did you also purchase the Gopro Drone :)

I just cannot understand how it can be that a company like Gopro can release 2 generations of product (session) with the same issue and just cannot be bothered to do a firmware-update to help the problem. I'm amazed about the fact that a faulty SD card makes the camera go into orbit and one can do nothing but wait until the battery is empty. From what I read this is a problem on many Gopro models - but ofcourse some of them you can take the battery out for a reset - so maybe people just live with it ?

The retailers are NOT informing customers about the SD-card problems. They sell anything in a bundle.

It is just not good enough keeping telling customers they use a "not recommented card". Gopro - you should get your software development to make some proper solutions that can handle an error on the SD card in a better manner - have no other camera/camcorder in my household that acts like the Gopro does.

Let me recommend you release some better firmware asap.