Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Session - Freezing/Heating up/Not recording

So, Aragon1006, guys from gopro support.
What next?
What other recommendations?
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Hi sunnygorge0032:

I am so sorry that you are struggling so much and GoPro knew their device was defective, like many other users share the same experience.

They did the same thing to me, but in my case I do have warranty and they refuse to exchange it.

I struggle for over a month and yesterday they stated that WE CAN HELP YOU, BUY A GOPRO CAMERA AT A REDUCED PRICED.

First they new this cameras were defective from the beginning, and still they sold it to the market.

This camera overheats abruptly and is not 100% wateproof, at least the original Session and the Session 4.

I know is hard, my sugestion is sell the camera for parts, explaining all the issues.

Hoping all the best for you.

Highlighted
Tourist

hardywave24222 thx for your expirience and advices buddy.

but i want to wait official ansver from Gopro support.

what they are recommend...

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @sunnygorge0032

The SanDisk Extreme card that you have is good. The others (Ultra) have been identified to cause issues. They work fine with the camera initially but eventually causes compatibility issues affecting camera performance. If you have already performed a manual update on the camera and the issue persists, the next path forward would be to engage our Support team. You can reach them via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Engage our support team?? LMAO. This thread is from 2016 and gopro hasn’t done anything to help. If u do “engage” with support they will offer u a discount for another gopro LMAO
Highlighted
Hiker

@sunnygorge0032 You are welcome, I'd hope everything works for you.

Highlighted
Hiker

@mariustanya It is very sneaky from GoPro not to tell the customers about this before they buy a camera.

And then of course, like in my case, refuse to fix it, even do the camera is still in warranty.

You are the only manufacturer in the world that has cameras that only can use one specific Micro Sd card company.

For that reason many people are not buying so many goPros as before.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Hero 4 session and Ultra sdxc card do not work.  if  you are new to  the camera and   not only when you buy todays new  products your old stuff may need to be updated, and that  can be some of the issues that people have, Just saying, it is part of the issue not  all of it?

FISH