Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro SD card error

[ New ]

Hi,

I just bought brand new gorpo  HERO9 Black  from its original web sites on 30th of March.

I bought the bundle options include :

1) HERO9 Black

2)64gb SanDisk Extreme® 64GB microSDXC

3) HERO9 Black Rechargeable Camera Battery

I started to record some videos on my gopro and suddenly I showed me an 'SD Card Error'. In the touch screen SD card part was red.
I am extremely frasturated that just in my first usage with its original gears it just crashed like that. 

I searched every possible options from internet.

Options are: 

1. Formatting: I don't want to cause there are videos that I cannot loose.
  2. Use some memory card recovery programs: I searched some but they are all with payments.  

How on earth original SD card that I buy from its original gopro website can make such an big error within first usage.

Moreover, touchscreen was not responsible, it freezes time to time. Especially when I do swipe-up/down it takes ages to switch.

I would like to return the product if possible.

Nomad

Re: GoPro SD card error

[ New ]

Use RECUVA as a recovery tool. Its free. https://www.wondershare.net/ad/all-data-recovery/data-recovery-new.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw38-DBhDpARIsAD...

If RECUVA cannot salvage your video files, them I'm afraid you have to format the SD card. First format it in your computer and then format it again in your GP9

About the (lack of) responsiveness of the screen: update your firmware to 1.52

Last: It is never a good idea to use a brand new camera for important recordings. Play and discover your GP9 before shooting important vid's

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi nicecrest670,

thanks for your response.
I downloaded the software  https://www.wondershare.net/ad/all-data-recovery/data-recovery-new.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw38-DBhDpARIsAD...

It scans, it sees the files but it ask payment to recover them.
Could you provide me a free tool please ?

Nomad

[ New ]

Did you download the free edition? Here's another link:

https://recuva.en.uptodown.com/windows

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @eymentugce4

Sorry for any trouble caused. Were you able to update the camera manually?

Check out NO SD or SD ERR on Camera's LCD

Regarding the files, we do not have any preferred methods of data recovery as this may vary from SD card manufacturers of the preferred methods for recovering your data.

It is also best not to record any new photos and or videos with the card that had been used. This will overwrite the files that may have been on there to where it would not be possible to recover.

I do recommend reaching out to the SD card manufacturer to further troubleshoot the SD card.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi nicecrest670,

I download the software from the link that you shared.
But recuva also was not able to read the files on SD card.
Probably they are damaged and unsaveable. 
I am so pissed off with goPro right now.

Tourist

[ New ]

I am writing again : 

I bought the bundle options include :

1) HERO9 Black

2)64gb SanDisk Extreme® 64GB microSDXC

3) HERO9 Black Rechargeable Camera Battery

It was the first time I used the SD card.

You wrote "I do recommend reaching out to the SD card manufacturer to further troubleshoot the SD card."

I am sorry but if goPro sells this SD card together with goPro Hero9 as bundle offer, I suggest goPro to contact with SD card manufacturer.
Are you saying that goPro puts randon SD cards with goPro Hero bundle offer without checking their compatibility ?