Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Red Filter - Max Depth?

Hi - the red filter is listed as being ‘effective’ up to 21 metres, but is it safe to take it deeper (to 30 metres, as per Padi advanced limit)? Just need to know if going on 30m Dive whether I’d have to leave it at home!
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Red Filter - Max Depth?

Hello @andrewi5534

The red filter (or Blue Water Snorkel Filter) is recommended for depths of 5 to 33 feet (1.5 to 10 meters). If you are going to do a 30-m dive, the filter used would be one that fits the Super Suit (protection needed for camera beyond the standard 10-m depth rating). Currently, we only have the Green Water Dive Filter for Super Suit for use in freshwater lakes and reservoirs or salt water that appears green due to algae. I hope this helps, 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Marius,

Yes sorry, I meant the filters for the super suit. So the green water filter for super suit would be ok at 30 metres? The filter for blue water would be as well, but just out of stock? Does anyone know when it might be back in stock?

Many thanks,

Andy
Highlighted
GoPro

We really can't tell @andrewi5534

You may try to ask our sales and customer support via phone or chat: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best Regards,

-Jay