Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro Quik freeze after connecting Hero 6

Hello!

When I try to connect my GoPro hero 6 black to my computer using the supplied USB cable, the Quik app lunches and freeze on the import screen. (only the quik freezes, the computer is not) I can not click anywhere, can not change tabs or anything. On the screen I see there is no files to import while I just recored clips with the camera.

If I forece-close the Quik and go to my computer I see there the connected camera and I can copy the files too. 

If I put the memory card to a card reader and opening the Quik than I can import the files and everything is working as in order. Only strange thing is when I go to the camera settings there are no firmware version, it says: Version null (up to date)

If I connect the camera to the computer without the card the Quik still freezes on the import screen.

I tried it with 3 different computers, and 3 different cables. The results are the same!!

Camera firmware: 01.60

GoPro Quik version on all tested computers: 2.3.0.5383

Windows 10 updated on all pc

1.PNG

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Quik freeze after connecting Hero 6

Hi @snbence,

That is very interesting. Have you tried to manually update the firmware on that camera? It sounds like something may be going on there. I would follow this link and select "Update your camera manually" and see how that goes:

https://gopro.com/update/hero6

Let us know how it goes!

Best,

Ryan

View solution in original post

Tourist

Hello,

It turned out that my Quik was not updated to the latest version on the first two PC-s where I used my previous GoPro...

On the tird pc I installed Quik freshly  but I used two different USB-C type cables, witch is still produceing similar error. 

So everything is OK now, thanks.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @snbence,

That is very interesting. Have you tried to manually update the firmware on that camera? It sounds like something may be going on there. I would follow this link and select "Update your camera manually" and see how that goes:

https://gopro.com/update/hero6

Let us know how it goes!

Best,

Ryan

Tourist

Hello,

It turned out that my Quik was not updated to the latest version on the first two PC-s where I used my previous GoPro...

On the tird pc I installed Quik freshly  but I used two different USB-C type cables, witch is still produceing similar error. 

So everything is OK now, thanks.