Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Quik doesn't recognize GoPro Max 360 files!

[ New ]

Hello everybody,

I just bought a GoPro Max and shoot a 360 video today but after uploading the 360 files on a folder located on my Laptop's hard drive, GoPro Quik was unable to recognize those files (that very folder is empty for Quik). So, here's my question: do I always have to use GoPro Max Exporter to transcode the videos (it takes an age even on my Dell XPS 15 I7 32Gb RAM) or there is a way to edit the 360 files straight for camera with Quik (NOT Adobe Premiere)?

Thank you in advance,

Marco

Tourist

Re: GoPro Quik doesn't recognize GoPro Max 360 files!

[ New ]

If you mean you want to reframe, you could do it with the mobile app, or the desktop app (I use Mac and it is the GoPro Player app, which is for 360).

The desktop Quik app does not do reframe, nor in any way handle the .360 files (cannot import, cannot export). Perhaps they still working on it.

I stumbled on these issues too, shortly after shooting with GoPro Max. In my YouTube video, I discuss my workflow. In short, I reframe using GoPro Player app on desktop, and only export those proprietary .360 files if I need eg. post on YouTube.

GoPro MAX is a great 360 camera. But the workflow is not so great. In this video I discuss the way I import and export the 360 videos. In short,- only way to...
Tourist

Re: GoPro Quik doesn't recognize GoPro Max 360 files!

[ New ]

Hello,

thank you so much for your reply. Apparently, the GoPro player app is only available for Mac OS and it's a shame that you can reframe a GoPro Max video with an Android cell phone or tablet and NOT on a Windows laptop or desktop without subscribing a Creative Cloud membership plan (taking advantage of the Premiere and AE reframe plugin).

Cheers,

Marco