Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker
Accepted Solution

GoPro Quik does not identify my GoPro 7 Black

Hi folks,

has anyone experienced the situation that Quik does not identify your GoPro camera connected to your computer?

My GoPro back screen says "USB Connected" while my Quik shows the screen attached.

I tried to reinstal Quik 2 times on my MacBook Pro. I had to do it 2 or 3 times until it finally identified my GoPro however the problem is back again. I tried restarting my Mac couple of times but still no success.

Any idea how to proceed?

thanks

lukas

Screen Shot 2019-07-07 at 10.48.52 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Hiker

Re: GoPro Quik does not identify my GoPro 7 Black

I guess I have figured it out.

It was "Commander One" app which was causing the problems.

Since I quit Commander One and tried to start Quik with my GoPro attached to the computer finally I was able to download the latest data.

So if there is anyone using "Commander One" and Quik for Desktop does not recognize your GoPro, try switching off Commander One.

thanks

lukas

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hello @lukasg331

Have you been able to insert the SD card directly to your computer using and adapter? Did Quik detect the files? Sometimes the Mac would need a USB port reset to reactive several hardware settings. Check the troubleshootings steps here  for a guide on what to do. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Hiker

Hi Marius,

thank you very much for your response.

I am currently on vacation and forgot to take the adapter for micro-sd so can't plug it to the card reader however I can access the files via "Commander One" application where GoPro appears like a drive. So I can clearly state that the card is working well.

I tried the steps described in the knowledge article for Mac that you advised however it did not help in my case. The problem is still there.

Any other hints?

Thank you

lukas

Hiker

I guess I have figured it out.

It was "Commander One" app which was causing the problems.

Since I quit Commander One and tried to start Quik with my GoPro attached to the computer finally I was able to download the latest data.

So if there is anyone using "Commander One" and Quik for Desktop does not recognize your GoPro, try switching off Commander One.

thanks

lukas

GoPro

Great finding, @lukasg331. Thank you for sharing the resolution. Good to know that you are now able to access your GoPro media through your computer. Enjoy using your GoPro and have fun on your vacation!