Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Quick GPS Hero 5 Black

GoPro Quick is showing NO GPS DATA. I know for a fact on my Hero 5 Black the GPS icon is on and active. Is there an issue with the GoPro Quick program?

NO GPS DATA

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: GoPro Quick GPS Hero 5 Black

With the Hero5, this can happen if the GPS signal is not strongh enough. You can check how your GPS data looks here: https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/free/

And here are some tips and solutions for this problem: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Metadata-Visualization-GPS/GoPro-GPS-not-working-Performance-st...

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the information.

So, basically the GPS icon even though showing it has a GPS signal in witch case could be a weak signal.

Seems to me that GoPro would know or have the knowledge to put a signal strength icon like a car GPS has. On there GoPro. 

Probably the other reason the time stamp doesn't match on the Quick GoPro Info cluster. As the actual time, it was recorded. Witch the time should come from the time on the GoPro.

Again thanks for the information.

Highlighted
Adventurer

If you feel you had a lock, got gps on and hte  desktop software failed you, try racerender  see if you get it working ifnot then confirms you did not get a lock at the time.

Highlighted
Tourist

@fishycomics wrote:

If you feel you had a lock, got gps on and hte  desktop software failed you, try racerender  see if you get it working ifnot then confirms you did not get a lock at the time.

So, basically even though the GPS icon is lit indicating a GPS signal. It's really not. 

2020-03-01 at 15-08-34.jpg

One would think that GoPro would have a firmware update to fix such an issue. Without having me paying $49(ridiculous) for a program to fix the GoPro Quick.

2020-03-01 at 15-15-37.jpg

Highlighted
Nomad

You do have GPS data, it does not have the quality Quik expects. As the error message says, increase the GPS Precision option and decrease the GPS Fix option (set it to any), to see the data.

Highlighted
Tourist

@kajuna wrote:

You do have GPS data, it does not have the quality Quik expects. As the error message says, increase the GPS Precision option and decrease the GPS Fix option (set it to any), to see the data.

Yeah, done that. Still get the same message on the top. 

Highlighted
Nomad

That's uncommon. It could happen if you lost your GPS signal right after pressing record. That, or the Hero5 was designed to assume the GPS data would arrive at some point.