Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter immediately stopped working

Following the GP manual for my newly purchased Mic Adapter to one of my GP Hero6 Black cameras, I uploaded the latest software to 01.60.  Initially, the audio recorded fine so I proceeded to make the same updates on my second GP6 however, try as I may I couldn't get it working. 

When I went back to the first GP6, it no longer worked either!  So I tried the litany of various troubleshooting permutations, different mics, turning the USB cable in the different direction and reseating it, wiggling the 1/8" mini connector and USB connector, different camera settings (QuikCapture On/Off, various Audio Input settings, etc).

I'm left with the conclusion that the adapter suffered infant mortality and I'm suspicious that the 1/8" mini connector does not seem to seat firmly in the GP6 - even firmness when insertion but no click like the mics do on other gear.  I carefully probed the 1/8" jack plug with a dental cleaning tool but did not find anything foreign in the jack.

GoPro or anyone, do you have any other ideas?

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter immediately stopped working

As per GoPro they are going to be releasing a usb-c to 3.5 mm pigtail mic adapter very soon. I was told by support it was going to be in January. Losing the brick will be a big plus. Maybe that will work better.

Highlighted
Tourist

Sounds like the best possible solution, assuming they'll get it right this time!

Highlighted
Hiker

Yeah it’s just a pigtail so you can hook up the mic of your choice.
Highlighted
Adventurer

the price most likly will be 29.99 for non plus member.

that is great news  did they say it will work on the H5B?  And did they say its less the ac  port as well.