Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

GoPro Plus Cloud Upload is not working

Is it only me or is it happening with everyone?!

Hero 8 is not uploading at all... When I try to upload from the camera it just gives error after a while of sticking at 0%

Some of the files that were downloaded to the phone has the cloud icon, but when I check the cloud, I do not find them... 

And this has been happening for days,and chat support never working!!

I wonder why I bought this expensive camera and paying monthly for a service I am not getting!!

Note the attachment:

The App shows 7 videos on the 12th on Jun with the cloud icon

The Cloud has only 4 video showing!!

Where are the other 3

And I have not been able to upload anything else since.

This Memory Card has many from after and a couple from much earlier... but camera uploading always stuck at 0% then fail wit error.

And I even if I was to try uploading it from the phone, clearly not everyting is uploading!

Now I cannot trust the Cloud at all, and I cannot free space from my phone.

GoPro Plus Upload Problem.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Plus Cloud Upload is not working

[ Edited ]

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with uploading your media to the cloud. We'd be glad to take a look at what's going on If you can, please list down the file names of those that are not being uploaded. You may also send them to me in a private message if preferred.

As for the videos with the cloud icon that you do not see under the Cloud tab in the app, please check if you see them in the media library by logging in through plus.gopro.com. Let me know what you find out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

The following 3 files are on the phone with a Cloud Icon, but not on the cloud...

And yes, I did try to see them on Plus.Gopro.com... They are not there.

Morever, I actually cleared all data from my phone (cleared data on the samsung App to have a freesh start) to force a resync of the files from the camera to the phone in hope that it will try to upload them again!! That did not help at all as well. I just wasted time.

But new files that I took yesterday, synced without an issue... Still I am unable to uplaod those files to be albe to delete them of my SD or phone!!

So I have two problems... the above where 3 files refuse to sync becouse they are marked as syned already!!

And the 2nd biggest problem is that camera itself is not uploading at all... I need to pass through the phone... guess what? I do not have enough space on the phone or time to keep downloading from Camera to phone, then uploading to the cloud. I need the Auto or even Manual upload to work from the Camera... which is not happening for some reason.

Thanks

Missing files.png
Highlighted
Hiker

As you can see it happened again!!

I decided to delete everything I have on the phone again and upload a different day... and as you can see: Again we have missing files on the cloud that the App belives that they are already there!!!

I really need a solution to this please...

It is not about 3 files missing... it is about the whole the system not working reliably (upload from phone)... So you can not trust it at all.

Upload from Camera is stil not working at all... BTW: I checked and I do have the latest firmware on the camera.

It happened again.png
Highlighted
Hiker

@mariustanya  any update????

Becouse now something not so funny happend!!!

I uploaded few files directly from the website to avoid all of this clumsy unreliable uploading issues and guess what?!!

The files I uploaded went through, but I no longer see anything else that I uploaded before from the phone App !!!!!!

I can see them on the website, but not on the phone!!!!

This is riduculas... I do not think I want this camera and this service anymore... I actually demand a full refund of everyhting I paid including every accussoriy (And unfortuntly I bought almost all of them!!!! I even got 3 extra battaries !!! I was looking forward to use the thing, but the thing is not usable at all !!!! 

Highlighted
Hiker

You see!! Only the files I uploaded today from the SD card directly (using my laptop) show now on the mobile App!!!

Where are my files!!!! Months worth of footage.. Trips abraod... Kids Birthdays!!! All lost!!!

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-17 at 22.13.14.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @ashrafa53. Our PLUS team is already looking into this one and confirms that there are a lot more media on the web library (that is, through plus.gopro.com) than in the app. 

Except for the three files that you have identified, are you able to see all media on the web, even those that you do not see in the app? Which version of the GoPro App do you have on your phone? Will wait for your response. Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

Actually, I had a long call with Aljan from support and he is amazing... He gave me a lot of workable "workarounds"

However, the fact is: Your application does not double check if the files were uploaded completly before marking them as uploaded.

Most likely what is happening is that while I am uploading a bunch of files, the internet is dropped during and some files are interuppted... those files are marked as uploaded when they are not really uploaded.

I am now trying to upload them directly to the Cloud from the SD card to see if this fix it.... but this should not be the way things are done.