Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Plus Auto-Upload Wi-Fi Problem

Hi

I am having issues with setting up Auto Upload on my new Hero 7 Black. When connecting to my wifi I get 'Network authentication failed'. Definately entering my wifi password correctly as it is auto filled by a password manager. I suspect it may be due to the password length, as mentioned on this issue previously reported:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/GoPro-Plus-Auto-Upload-Wi-Fi-Problem/td-p/195790?trMode=sourc...

Anybody else come across this issue before?

Thanks

Gregg

GoPro

Re: GoPro Plus Auto-Upload Wi-Fi Problem

Hello @greggr75

Have you tried connecting to another network?

Here are some links you may check:

Auto Upload Network Requirements

Common Auto Upload Issues

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Hi Ej,

Thanks for the response.

I have performed further testing and can see that the issue is with the GoPro app or camera. I have tried connecting to a temporary network, if I set the wifi password to 32 characters or less, it works, but if the wifi password is greater than 32 characters, I get a network authentication failed error.

It makes no sense why this restriction would be in place and have never had this problem with any other wireless device - it also raises questions as to how the wifi password is stored (likely clear text). Changing the wifi password on my network and all devices to a less secure password is something I should not need to do.

As this issue has already been raised back in June 2018, can you check to see if there was a resolution?

Thanks

Gregg

GoPro

[ Edited ]

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Our team is aware of this and we'll get back to you once we have additional information.

For now, please use a network with a  password consisting of 32 or less characters.

Thanks!
Ej

Sightseer

Same issue here. I have a long (secure) network password, and I get the same authentication error.