Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Player for MAX 360 video

Hi,

I bought the GoPro Max with the intention of using the reframing software on my computer. I have a very high-end ALIENWARE computer. However, I still cannot do anything with the footage because only a Mac is compatible with the GoPro Player. I extremely disappointed as the software has still yet to be released for windows. Can I please get an estimate when or even if the software will be released on windows? I also only use android which for some reason the GoPro app does not work on my device. I am aware of the GoPro MAX Exporter which pales in comparison to what the GoPro Player is capable of and what I envisioned creating with the overcaptured 360 footage. Again I am left very disappointed,being able to take 360 footage but not being able to do anything with it

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Player for MAX 360 video

I totally agree. It seems strange that GoPro would release a product with features missing for Windows users.... How am I supposed to reframe my footage on my computer without paying for Adobe when Apple users get a free software. Please level the playing field GoPro!

Highlighted
Hiker

Export to Cineform, use Handbrake to convert to production quality mp4 files (the Max exporter compresses the video to an extreme degree if you choose the other options), use the go pro telemetry tool to extract gps data, then use Virb Edit to create your videos. This is the 100% free solution. The other solution is to get the Reframe plugins for Premiere Pro as provided by Go Pro, but that requires Premiere Pro. This method also requires you extract the GPS data an use a separate plugin, or program like Virb Edit if you want to overlay gauges. I hope an update to Quik happens soon that can do this.
Highlighted
Sightseer

That doesn't sound complicated at all LOL.The whole point of the MAX was to ease the workflow compared to the other 3D cameras. Looks like GoPro took two steps back on that one unless you are a Mac user.

Highlighted
Hiker

I may be wrong about Handbrake. I've done the following:

Exported with Max Exporter to H265, into Virb. Reads as 360 videos, works fine, quality is trash. GOPRO, LET US ADJUST THE QUALITY FLAGS WITH YOUR EXPORTER!

Reencoded to max quality H265 with Handbrake, imported to Virb, does not read as 360, but quality of raw file is perfect. Some flag for 360 video aren't being transfered over

Renamed cineform .mov to .mp4 and imported to Virb, software is unable to parse it.

Encoded cineform .mov to .mp4 with the free VRencoder software with H265 High Quality preset. Not recognized as 360 by Virb.

Still working on a solution...

Highlighted
Explorer

DaVinci Resolve and Reframe360 work great and are a free option for making your reframe videos.  This is a very good video that explains how to use them to make your videos.