Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Player doesn't save my keyframes and transitions (Windows)

[ New ]

I got my GoPro MAX around a week ago and have already generated hours of footage. I'm still getting used to the workflow in GoPro player but have managed to produce a few good edits. I'm using the Windows version of the app and the main problem I have is that after adding and editing keyframes and transitions and saving, the saved file doesn't contain any of the keyframes or transitions I inserted. It's essentially just a copy of the original 360 file! Of course, if I'm in the middle of adding and refining the keyframes and transitions and the PC app crashes (which it frequently does), all that work is gone.

I'm less concerned with the crashing but am amazed that the basic save function doesn't seem to work. I've raised a ticket with GoPro but am surprised that I haven't seen anyone complaining about this issue.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Player doesn't save my keyframes and transitions (Windows)

[ New ]

Thank you for the details that you provided, @mickm1150. Good to know that the crashing issue is not observed anymore. As the keyframes are still not saved, have you been able to check if this is impacted by the number of keyframes created on the video, or the resolution/codec and other settings selected? Which resolution was your video captured in? 

We did a test on a Windows PC with GoPro Player version 1.1.2.387 and with more than five keyframes. Export was set to 4K (upscaled) and H.264. We were able to export the file, open the saved file and see that the keyframes applied were saved, too. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

I may have solved this by uninstalling the Player, restarting Windows, reinstalling the Player, and restarting Windows again.

After doing this, it seems that the original save was sucessful but the keyframes were not being restored when opening the saved file.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the details that you provided, @mickm1150. Good to know that the crashing issue is not observed anymore. As the keyframes are still not saved, have you been able to check if this is impacted by the number of keyframes created on the video, or the resolution/codec and other settings selected? Which resolution was your video captured in? 

We did a test on a Windows PC with GoPro Player version 1.1.2.387 and with more than five keyframes. Export was set to 4K (upscaled) and H.264. We were able to export the file, open the saved file and see that the keyframes applied were saved, too.