Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Max slow motion

Dear Andreac,

Smiley LOL this is an misunderstanding, I know the specs from the Insta360, I am curious about the update quikpick mentioned. I know also that I can slow down my recorded video in postproduction, but this is obviously not what I and everbody else is interested, we want to capture with high frame rate and ideally good quality. Will there be an option to do so?

Best regards,

Matthias

Highlighted
Hiker

@superblaze0333  ha scritto:

I am curious about the update quikpick mentioned. I know also that I can slow down my recorded video in postproduction, but this is obviously not what I and everbody else is interested, we want to capture with high frame rate and ideally good quality. Will there be an option to do so?

As for Insta360 you can capture up to 100 fps at 360° (or up to 200 fps in normal flat mode), and I don't think the GoPro MAX will be able to do better as the technical specifications are those reported on the GoPro site and unless they change the internal hardware they will not be able to improve.

However, it is likely that by the end of April (as they wrote) there will be a mega update, since nothing has happened since January, so for 3 months. It will be a great surprise, we hope.

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi @quickpike31714 - where did you hear about this update?  Is there a link or a comment on this forum you can share?  Thanks

Highlighted
Hiker

I anticipate that recording at 360° with 3K resolution you will get the very bad final result. If you export the video (after the reframe) with FullHD resolution (1920x1080) you will get grainy images with evident pixels.

The 3K has a resolution of 3008x1504 px (2:1 format in 360°), so let's imagine we want to obtain a viewing angle of 120° (very wide) at 16:9, it means reducing the resolution by 1/3, so we get a movie at around 1002x563 px, practically half a FullHD.

For normal use as an ActionCam it is sometimes also necessary to obtain an image with 90° vision: therefore the new resolution is 1/4 of the original one and with 16:9 format it would become 752x423 px.

The result would be: visible pixels or blur (if we use interpolation).

We'll see......

Highlighted
Hiker

This is no different from the Fusion’s 60fps / 3K settings (you can probably find lots of example footage online). It definitely only makes sense to use these settings in certain circumstances - I use 60fps with the Fusion for sports with quick, choppy movements like soccer, but I stick to 30fps / 5.6K for everything else. The lower resolution is suitable for social media (Instagram), but is noticeably worse on desktop platforms like YouTube
Highlighted
Tourist

Curious,

every time I have a question and i login this community, I regret the choice of buying a GoPro instead of an insta360 lol

Highlighted
Hiker

@riccardot0136  ha scritto:

Curious,

every time I have a question and i login this community, I regret the choice of buying a GoPro instead of an insta360 lol

Really? Why?