Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Max shutting down after 10 seconds when filming in 360 mode

[ New ]

Got a new GoPro Max. Using it to film skitouring and since I live in Norway its quite cold, around -15 now. The Max keeps shutting down after 10 seconds when trying to film in 360 mode but works in Hero mode. Tried manual update of firmware. I have an SD card that is on the approved list. Any ideas? Its basically unusable for what I want to use it for now...

GoPro

Re: GoPro Max shutting down after 10 seconds when filming in 360 mode

[ New ]

Hi @noblevista15003

Do you observe the same when the camera is used in warmer temperatures/environment?

You may also check How to Improve Battery Performance in Cold Weather

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Had the camera in backpack so I could have not gotten that cold. Took it out and tried to shoot 360 video and it shuts off in 10s. Worked before. Battery was about 50%, could that play in? Is there a way to see logs to find out what happens?

Nomad

[ New ]

Test camera in warm environment

If it records without shutting down, then it's an environmental factor (too cold for batteries to function properly)

If it records and shuts down in warm environment, then it's likely an SD card issue (faulty SD card, improperly formatted SD card etc).

It doesn't matter if you had a camera in your backpack, pocket or under your armpit.  Once you take it out and start filming, it's going to get cold quickly.