Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Max setup

[ New ]

How do I configure the Max to take timelapse still 360 photos with the latest updates.  If that is now possible?  I usually set all my other GoPros to take a still shot every .5 seconds and have missed this feature so far with the Max.  

GoPro

Re: GoPro Max setup

[ New ]

@coolridge186, check out this article for some information that will help.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for the link to the excellent overview for those features.

The thing is I still can't find a primary feature I have been using on GoPro cameras for the majority of my shooting for many years, 10? 

That is "normal" still photo time lapse.  I mount cameras remotely wheather on a kite, 70 ft. overhead or on monopods for underwater use.  I typically use two on the kite and one on my helmet when kiting, and two or more while free diving.  Every single camera is shooting still shots every 0.5 seconds.  I do similar things while skiing, hang gliding, SUP paddling, etc. etc.. I shoot video sometimes but mainly stills.

With the Max the video is intriguing,  the superior image quality of the still shots appeals.  I have to shoot these Max still shots manually at present which is tricky while kiting requiring a smart phone and while by finger press while free diving underwater.  I understand that the camera will have to be more or less stationary while the image is scanned, which I can live with.

The question is, does the latest Max update allow this or is this tried and true GoPro feature I have used for an absurd quantity of photos all over for a decade still not available?

Thank you,

GoPro

[ New ]

@coolridge186, yes, with MAX's firmware v1.5, you can now set a 360 TimeLapse Photo in 2s, 5s, 10s, 30s, and 60s interval.

To do this, as also indicated in the previously attached article, swipe left to 360 Time Lapse while in 360 mode. Then tap the capture settings and select the 360 Time Lapse preset. By default, it'll be set in Time Lapse Video mode. You can switch it to Time Lapse Photo mode when you tap the pencil icon and select Photo under the "Format" option.

Hiker

[ New ]

@aenriquez  ha scritto:

@coolridge186, yes, with MAX's firmware v1.5, you can now set a 360 TimeLapse Photo in 2s, 5s, 10s, 30s, and 60s interval.

However, he would like to take pictures every 0.5 seconds (as he wrote). Is this possible to do?

GoPro

[ New ]

@andreac13446, 0.5 seconds interval isn't an available option in the 360 TimeLapse Photo mode.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for your input, so to summarize, it isn't currently feasible to set the Max in advance to take still photos every 0.5 seconds in 360 mode (using Time Lapse mode)?  The low resolution of the video from the Max is a problem for me but the still photo quality is better hence my focusing on a way to take still photos remotely with the Max while mounted on a kitesurfing kite.  I came across a post suggesting using the Smart Remote with the GoPro Max.  I had done some early work with the Remote but found it to be unreliable in a kitesurfing application, perhaps related to signal strength in a water/wet setting? Still, the remote is more portable and less expensive that taking my iPhone on the water, so I gave it a go yesterday.  It worked for a while then the remote and camera would seem to become stuck within the process of taking a photo, with a continuous flashing red light on the Remote.  The camera is on a kite 70 ft. plus away in the air and not readily available for adjustment.  I tried a bunch of different button combinations including shutting the remote off for extended periods in an effort to reset everything but was unsuccessful.  If I landed to kite, turned off the camera and then turned it on again, the Remote would work again.  It would freeze again after several minutes, this happened three times.  Suggestions with regard to resetting things with the Remote without physically touching the camera or otherwise addressing this freezing problem?  Thank you.