Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Max keeps freezing/crashing

I've used the camera in action just 2x and each time it's just frozen and the buttons don't respond, can't turn it off can't do anything except pull the battery. It has the latest FW.

Scenario:

1.- On the water with the camera attached to my wrist.

2.- Voice control on > gopro "start recording" > beep.

3.- gopro "stop recording" > beep.

4.- repeat steps 2-3 a couple of times and then no more beeps and it's stuck w/ screen on.

I've also tried w/ voice control off just using the shutter button, and same issue, it freezes.

I've reset the camera ~3x, disabled wifi, etc. and it keeps freezing.

When just messing around with it around home, it has only frozen once so it's really hard to replicate consistently, but every time I actually need it, it's frozen which makes me insanely angry bcos it is NOT easy pulling the battery when your in the water.

Is there anyway to make the camera NOT freeze/crash?

I've also noticed that it has switched to Time Lapse when I never selected this, just from starting/stopping recording. There is nothing that could have changed/knocked the mode button, and why always time lapse?

I'm pretty upset at missing some epic shots bcos it has crashed or changed mode.

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: GoPro Max keeps freezing/crashing

Are you locking the screen before going into water?  If not, this is most likely where the issue is stemming from.

Highlighted
Tourist

No, not locking the screen... and no lock icon is visible.

Highlighted
Explorer