Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

GoPro Max / Video freeze but sound is there

Hello!

today, i was film for almost one hour, when i was ready to check the footages, the video just freeze but the sound was there for the rest of the footage.

I try to read with the application GoPro Player, same thing.

Firts time i have this issue

Need help if the problems was there for others users!

Thanks

Martin

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro Max / Video freeze but sound is there

I've had the same problem with 2 clips today. I was using the 15 second clips setting. Interestingly, towards the end of a couple of other clips the picture seemed to move around, like it became corrupted. This was on 360 mode and a freshly formatted sd
Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks deckys, so i'm not alone with this situation.

I will try this week to check out if this issue will be back, i will inform you of course!

Hope an new firmware update will corect that!

PS: Sorry for my english!!!

Martin

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Martin, there are many reports of this issue already in other posts in this forum so you are not alone. 

This is the post with the most details and activity:

GoPro Max Video Recording freezes

Highlighted
Hiker

Hello windsurfer07,

thanks for this informations, i do a research but i think i miss this post! :(

Have a great day!

Martin!

Highlighted
GoPro

@martind21, sorry to hear about the trouble. We'd like to get a better understanding of what could be causing this. Please contact our Support Team so they can look further into the details and coordinate with the team in charge. You can reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives. When you do, let them know about the troubleshooting steps already taken and provide the following essential info:

• Do you see similar results when playing back the video directly in the camera?
  • When did you first notice the issue?
  • Does it happen to all videos? What are the video settings used?
  • SD card brand and capacity.
  • Do you get the same results using a different recommended SD card?
  • MAX camera's Wi-Fi frequency used.
  • Firmware version installed.
  • Upload a sample raw/unedited footage to your Dropbox or Google Drive and provide the shared link to help us analyze the metadata of the file.

We appreciate the patience and understanding throughout the process.

Highlighted
Hiker

@aenriquez Hello!

I have found finally an issue for the GoPro MAX.

Here what i found:

I do the test 10 times to be sure of what i will said here

360 video each time.

1. If i use the shutter bouton to start a recording without using the power (mode) button before... my video freeze with the sound after few minutes.

2. If i use the power (mode) button to open the GoPro MAX first and after, i start recording using the shutter button, everything is fine. I do several video without any freeze issue.

I don't know if i have to call the support the explain that... but i'm sure it's a firmware problem and with a new update, everything will be okay in the futur...

And like i said before, i do this test 10 times, no jokes!!!!  Because i don't want to said something and not be sure.

Thanks

Martin

Highlighted
Hiker

@aenriquez  I forgot to said, I do what you said, I re install the firmware with an sd card. After, i do a full reset. after i do my test!

@+++ :)