Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro Max Video Recording freezes

I didn't experience the issue after updated to V1.40.
Highlighted
GoPro

@fleetwave14443, thanks for posting back with an update. Feel free to post back if anything else comes up. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

Highlighted
Hiker

I have seen the issue twice with firmware V1.40. It was really cold when it happened, not sure if it was related to the problem.

Highlighted
Explorer

So here is something weird. I finally did get the video freeze while audio kept playing (I am on latest firmware using Lexar 677X). All the other videos I had recorded, both before and after, played fine (using the GoPro Mobile app on Android LG v30). I figured the video was trash and was disappointed, but after restarting my phone and opening the app again, IT WORKED! Very weird, but the video and audio played fine.
Highlighted
Tourist

I had the same problem with my Max which I bought recently. The video I recorded was about 4-5min long and it only recorded the first 2 or 3 seconds of video and after that it froze with only the video which continues to play. Not sure wat the temperature was outised, but it was cold. I am very disappointed as the video is from a flight I took which took me 2 days of hiking to get to the exit point and now I have NOTHING to show for all my hard work. GoPro needs to fix this issue a.s.a.p !
Highlighted
Tourist

Correction to my first post: "the video froze after 2 to 3 seconds with only the audio that continues"
Highlighted
Tourist

@rudibase wrote:
Correction to my first post: "the video froze after 2 to 3 seconds with only the audio that continues"

What firmware are you on?

Highlighted
Tourist

I am on Virsion 01.40 which I believe is the latest update.

I have decided when I make recordings in cold weather again I will first do two or three recordings before the time to "warm up" the battery/Max. Hopefully this way I will not lose the important footage again in future. I know from past experience with GoPros there always was the issue with recordings or GoPro not switchih on in cold weather.

Hopefully doing two or three test recordinga like I said will warm up the GoPro and resolve the problem but I hope GoPro will come with a solution in the next update.