Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Max Video Recording freezes

@pentux, thanks for the info. Please contact our Support Team and provide the details to them for further review. Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi, 

i already contact them 2 week ago, i am getting a replacement camera. Not sure if the Camera had an issue. once i get the new one i will run further test.

I will keep the community posted once i get my replacement MAX.

Highlighted
Tourist

Why did you need a replacement? Was it for this issue?
Highlighted
Hiker

Yes for the same issue, but i am not sure if a faulty cam was the root cause. I will run few test this week end with the replacement cam and keep you posted.

IMG_1909.JPG
Highlighted
Hiker

Bonjour a tous!

j'ai vécu le meme probleme samedi passé, j'ai refais la mise a jour manuelle, et, réinitialisé la GoPro Max, je suis aller me promener en ville avec la camera, apres 12 minutes, l'image a gelé... 

Je crois a un probleme firmware...

Highlighted
Sightseer

I am also having this same issue, seems to happen to a handful of clips every time I take the camera out surfing.  Add this to my growing list of frustrations with the Max.  The lock feature is almost useless, my camera still finds a way to constantly unlock/change modes while surfing.  Also the absense of the night features that were available on the Fusion is mind boggling.

Highlighted
GoPro

@martind21, @whitm0, please contact our Support Team so they can look further into the details and coordinate with the team in charge. You can reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives. When you do, let them know about the troubleshooting steps already taken and provide the following essential info:

• Do you see similar results when playing back the video directly in the camera?
  • When did you first notice the issue?
  • Does it happen to all videos? What are the video settings used?
  • SD card brand and capacity.
  • Do you get the same results using a different recommended SD card?
  • MAX camera's Wi-Fi frequency used.
  • Firmware version installed.
  • Upload a sample raw/unedited footage to your Dropbox or Google Drive and provide the shared link to help us analyze the metadata of the file.
Highlighted
Hiker

https://youtu.be/9C-RD_OP2ok
Please see the frozen behavior as video. The latest FW won't fix the issue.
The delear had changed a new one for me, the problem still exist, it's firmware issue definitely!!
It's very annoied ......