Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: RE: GoPro Max Video Recording freezes

It seems to me that when I don't move the camera, it's fine. When I move it it's not. Maybe it's the stabilisation, the gyro data attached to it? I don't know. Anyway, I kind of wish this issue escalates quickly and we get a fix because I'm truly thinking of bringing this camera back to the shop now. Especially since there's going to be a 8K camera coming out soon.

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: RE: GoPro Max Video Recording freezes

Somehow i have the felling that it could be soething related with the source of power ( battery ) as the behavior start after 20 minutes. may be when the battery is not in full capacity and not enough to process all the data skiping it like the video. Got similare issue a while ago with some gyrocam build when battery was half capacity the device was just behaving but when plug in constant power no issue.  Hopefully not a design issue as i am pretty sure a large company like Gopro would have done a Proper R&D specially after the promo video with all action shot. 

I really hope that could be fixed with Soft upgrade, but we first need someone to escalate to the GoPro Engineering team.

Mounir

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Max Video Recording freezes

Same as everyone here. $500 dollars on a camera that takes a minute of video. I did all the firmware updates and every trick . correct card . Mount camera ready for action I made it 8 minutes now and gets frozen! Not really happy . GoPro fix the firmware or give us settings for caputuring video without freezing ASAP. 

Highlighted
Hiker

is their any further update on those issue ?

Highlighted
Tourist

Same issue here, latest firmware (1.35), sd card on approved list.

Video freezes after some minutes while audio continues. Missed a great moment as my daughter cought her first large wave surfing on Bali. :-(

Hope a fix is underway.

(Most recordings work and I'm having a lot of fun with my Max) 

Highlighted
Hiker

very sad, i was recording with teh camera for a friend, we attach the caemra as onboard camera on his superbike during a race. we lost all footage. was very sad :(

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi everyone! Sorry to hear about the trouble. We'd like to get a better understanding of what could be causing this. Please contact our Support Team so they can look further into the details and coordinate with the team in charge. You can reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives. When you do, let them know about the troubleshooting steps already taken and provide the following essential info:

• Do you see similar results when playing back the video directly in the camera?
  • When did you first notice the issue?
  • Does it happen to all videos? What are the video settings used?
  • SD card brand and capacity.
  • Do you get the same results using a different recommended SD card?
  • MAX camera's Wi-Fi frequency used.
  • Firmware version installed.
  • Upload a sample raw/unedited footage to your Dropbox or Google Drive and provide the shared link to help us analyze the metadata of the file.

We appreciate the patience and understanding throughout the process.

Highlighted
Hiker

hi follow bellow the answer :

he following essential info:

• Do you see similar results when playing back the video directly in the camera? 

Answer: Yes 

• When did you first notice the issue?

Answer: straight away with the previous formware and 1.35, the issue since to have the same pattern

• Does it happen to all videos? What are the video settings used?

5K 30 Fps, protune, gps data enable, using compression most compatible

• SD card brand and capacity.

Answer: yes tested multiple card which are recommended by Gopro SanDisk Extrem pro 128 Gb and Lexar 1000x 256 Gb. 

• Do you get the same results using a different recommended SD card?

Answer : always get the same issue, after 20 to 30 minutes recording, more often when i stop teh record after 30 minutes then back on start back teh record and after few minutes got the video freeze with audio going normaly.

• MAX camera's Wi-Fi frequency used.

Answer: default setting

• Firmware version installed.

Answer : 1.35

• Upload a sample raw/unedited footage to your Dropbox or Google Drive and provide the shared link to help us analyze the metadata of the file.

Youtube link which was share with your support team as per their request: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0430t7Irw40

Adding a the raw File 4Gb which was taken during the second of our race as onboard camera with our superbike Racer. The video froze at 6 Minutes 15 second.

we was usinng the Sand Disk Extrem Pro 128 Gb for teh record the file was copy diretcly from the SD card.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11g-rk5Rz8aZL5vGx3wwVM2rrowGfQPCG

Hope you can sort out this situation as marking the cam as Action Camera, we can loose those type of footage specially on big event or one time shot.