Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Max Video Auto Rotates - How to Correct

The issue is that the camera auto rotates the footage in camera. The camera is mounted on the roof of a car and the video auto rotates when the car turns. This happens regardless of the speed of the turn. It will rotate a full 180 degrees when the camera is set to capture 5.4K 360 video. The camera is mounted on the roof of the car with a suction cup mount, without any arms/extensions to keep vibration to a minimum.

I have seen this issue with image stabilization in non-360 cameras, particularly when mounted inside a car. However, this is externally mounted.  

Is there a way this can be eliminated in camera? Need to keep the video centered towards the front?

Is there a way to correct this in the workflow? Can I reset the center/front point during conversion?

I use my GoPro almost exclusively on cars and boats, an auto panning issue like this can be a real problem.

Highlighted
Hiker

Rif.: GoPro Max Video Auto Rotates - How to Correct

Have you tried to read in the forum if there were other problems similar to yours? I have read several other similar situations and there is a resolution. Try searching and reading.

Highlighted
Nomad

Gibt es bei der GoPro Max in den Einstellungen / Touchscreen einen Punkt  ALLE/QUERFORMAT? Wenn ja, dann auf Querformat fixieren.

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes I tried to search. Always the first thing I do. Found nothing on the MX only on the issue regarding the stabilization on a Hero 7. 

If I had found a solution, I would not have asked the question. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Oliver... I will try this over the weekend and see if this is a solution. 

Thanks for the suggestion.

@oliverz513 wrote:

Gibt es bei der GoPro Max in den Einstellungen / Touchscreen einen Punkt  ALLE/QUERFORMAT? Wenn ja, dann auf Querformat fixieren.