Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

GoPro Max Stablilization in App Vs. Stabilization with Fx Reframe plugin

Hi everyone.

I did reframe the same 360° clip, first I used GoPro App on Android and then the same proces but using FxReframe Plugin for Adobe Premiere (Windows).

It turns out the clip rendered on the GoPro App runs very smooth and stable and the one rendered using Premiere is shaky and doesn´t look good.

I really want to submit some content to the GoPro MillionDollarChallenge but still can´t figure out how to get a stable video using the FxReframe Plugin for Premiere. I get pretty decent results using GoPro App on my android phone but I guess the output video quality doesn´t meet the quality requirements of the MillionDollarChallenge.

Can I submit content rendered in Android App even if the compression makes it look poor ?

Is there a way to get stable video using Fx Reframe plugin for Adobe Premiere?

Cheers !

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: GoPro Max Stablilization in App Vs. Stabilization with Fx Reframe plugin

So you need to read the rules for the $1 Million challange.  They want raw footage only for submission not edited.  So that's files taken directly from the camera, not files that have been edited in the app or edited in Premier Pro.

Highlighted
Hiker

If you watch the video

"MILLION DOLLAR EXPERTS' GUIDE TO SUBMITTING" (Minute 1:08:33) 

You´ll see they want reframed videos in the case of the GoPro Max.

I also found this line in the legal terms of the contest:

"Clips shot on the GoPro MAX camera can be submitted as reframed content but must be accompanied with the original, raw, unedited clip, to be eligible" 

Cheers.

Highlighted
Hiker

@kasas101 wrote:

If you watch the video

"MILLION DOLLAR EXPERTS' GUIDE TO SUBMITTING" (Minute 1:08:33) 

You´ll see they want reframed videos in the case of the GoPro Max.

I also found this line in the legal terms of the contest:

"Clips shot on the GoPro MAX camera can be submitted as reframed content but must be accompanied with the original, raw, unedited clip, to be eligible" 

Cheers.

Which I am pretty upset about.  MANY of us users can't even get a re-frame to work correctly and are limited if we con't have Adobe or a MAC.  So this contest will target either MAC users or Adobe Premier users, which will be more on the professional side usually.  Us hobbiests have little chance at even submitting something decent with the lack of software support.

Highlighted
Nomad

I stand corrected sir!

In which case your GoPro app submission should work just fine along with the original footage.

However it would seem when you use the Windows Exporter it's just exporting the raw footage without adding any stabilization?  So when you add it to premier pro you are getting shakey footage?

I'm thinking that this won't be resolved anytime soon for Windows.  From the bits and pieces I've gathered, there is GoPro Max editing footage for Mac that can reframe, stabilize, edit and export.  There is a a windows version in the works however due to the myriad of hardware and software combinations out there for Windows based PC this is going to take a very long time.

My guess is that if you submit the footage, GoPro can still work it into something usable.

Highlighted
Hiker

You´re right, it´s so disappointing !
Highlighted
Hiker

Exactly ! It´s happening just as you described. Shaky footage after  using windows Exporter. I guess the only solution is to keep waiting. Really disappointing.