Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro Max SD Card wont open on PC (Windows)

[ New ]

hi why i cannot see the files on my pc on the sd card? it just gives me an error msg i try to open it.

when i format the sd card on the pc the gopro doesnt recognize it and i have to format the sd card in the gopro itself. but when i try then to put it back again into my windows computer i have the same problem again...

anyone knows a solution here?

GoPro

Re: GoPro Max SD Card wont open on PC (Windows)

[ New ]

Hello @tazcom. Which SD card are you using? Is it among the recommended SD cards for MAX? What error message do you get when you try to access the card through your computer? 

Hiker

[ New ]

i use Samsung 64GB Evo Plus LOT No. 20171114 which works fine in the gopro but when i plug it into my windows computer it says me i need to format the card before using it...

Backpacker

[ New ]

Your GoPro uses a different file structure than your PC.  So for optimal use, you should only format your SD card in your camera before use.

As for the SD card not being able to be read by Windows, that's one is simple.  You either have a corrupt SD card or a corrupt SD card reader.

Hiker

[ New ]

wow you were completly right!! i bought for 10€ from amazon a new sd card reader and now it works totally fine! thank u so much.

Any tipp how i can now properly adjust the .360 videos on my windows computer like on my phone? because i dont have much storage on my phone left and my pc is for sure faster...

thanks so much!

Nomad

[ New ]

See this message....specially the solutions offered by other users.

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/GoPro-Player-for-Windows-available/m-p/535729

Hiker

[ New ]

i would like to do that on my COMPUTER. Not on my phone cause i need the storage space for other things. you cant suppose that all customers have big free storage on their phone or want even edit 15 minutes long videos on a small phone.. i dont understand this 

Nomad

[ New ]

As mentioned already in other replies, I am using my desktop Windows 10 PC for all of the 360 and reframing without any problem.

I never use the phone, because it's not friendly to me when editing multiple files when shooting during holidays.

In my windows software I can combine 360, 2D, photos etc and it works great and results are really looking good on my 65 inch TV.

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/GoPro-Player-for-Windows-available/m-p/535729

Backpacker

[ New ]

You were given the thread that offers many solutions, I suggest you read it all.  

You can use the GoPro App to reframe your shots, that works in both Android and IOS mobile devices.

You can join this group and notifications for the Beta windows software will be announced. You've missed out on the first round of beta testing, but scroll through the page until you find the sign up sheet and you may be eligible for the 2nd round of beta testing.

(I.E.  GoPro haven't even finished the first round of BETA testing yet, so the player is far from ready.  This means that they can't possibly give a date nor a hint of a date as they themselves just don't know.  So it will be ready when it's ready).

Hiker

[ New ]

ok but you always use the MAX exporter first? because when i try to export the files the application on my windows always crashes middle the mittle of the bounce... can you also import directly .360 files into Premier Pro or Magix?

Hiker

[ New ]

ok i think i go for insta360 studio. i tried this one now but i had to compress the video with the MAX exporter first ti h.264 and 4k resolution.. 

Hiker

[ New ]

one more thing: when i stiched the 360 video and bounced it out of the DAW. how can i add those go pro filter /video picture adjustemens and also the GPS stickers which is important for my videos? thank you!

Hiker

[ New ]

and: do you guys know a windows software that can work with cineform codec and 5,6k resolution? i want to get the maximum quality possible... many thanks!!