Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro Max Recording w/ Wall Power

[ New ]

I want to pick up a Max and use it for a very specific event that requires it to be mounted out of reach, at a high point above the ground. I was planning on mounting the Max and having a very long USB cable run from the Max taped down along a pole, plugged into a USB wall adapter to the nearest outlet for constant power. I would only be recording when needed with the help of the toggle rec button in the GoPro app. I would be using the largest card space possible, but my worry is if the Max is able to stay on for a long period of time plugged into a power outlet with a long cord (and have it record when I toggle the app for a few seconds at a time).

Is this something that the Max is capable of doing without having to worry about it overheating being plugged in and kept turned on for the event (and occasionally recording a few seconds at a time)? 

Any help would be appreciated because this event is coming up and it is super duper important to me. :) Thank you. 

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: GoPro Max Recording w/ Wall Power

[ New ]

For an extended timelapse it should be fine, just be aware your camera will not be water proof once an external power supply is hooked up to it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

Re: GoPro Max Recording w/ Wall Power

[ New ]

For an extended timelapse it should be fine, just be aware your camera will not be water proof once an external power supply is hooked up to it.