Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Max Questions

[ New ]

Hi, I just recieved my GoPro Max and when I shake it it sounds like something is lose and jumbling around inside the camera. I just received it staright out of the package and want to make sure something isnt broken? 

Also, is there a dive hosuing available for the max? I purchased this specifically for scuba diving videos. 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Max Questions

[ New ]

@snowywave15445, what's the SD card used? Make sure that a recommended SD card is used for your camera. 

If the in-camera format doesn't work, you can format through a computer - How to Format Your SD Card on Your Computer.

Have you already updated the camera's firmware? Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@snowywave15445, sorry to hear about the trouble. Have you tested out recording a video or capturing photos to further check? You can also upload a video showing the problem with the camera then upload it to your Dropbox or Google drive and provide us the shared link so we can look into the details here.

So long as all camera doors are closed, MAX is waterproof down to 5m (16ft) without housing. Currently, there isn't an available GoPro dive housing for MAX but we will pass that suggestion along to our team. 

In addition to this, other users may have found housings for MAX from other stores/channels. However, these housings are designed by different manufacturers and we cannot attest to their products’ reliability. 

Tourist

[ New ]

So, when I tested the camera and went back to view the footage I noticed there was none. When I went back to my house to check and practice recording again, I received the attached SD Card Error message. I selected format and nothing changed. I then switched to a new SD card and received the same message. Tried "format" multiple times and still not fixed. So, I cannot record anything on my camera because I keep getting the same error message every time I try. There has been an issue with the camera I received since the second it arrived and I am very unhappy with these issues as I have had multiple scenes I have needed to film for my company and cannot film anything. 

SD Card Error.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

@snowywave15445, what's the SD card used? Make sure that a recommended SD card is used for your camera. 

If the in-camera format doesn't work, you can format through a computer - How to Format Your SD Card on Your Computer.

Have you already updated the camera's firmware? Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229