Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Max - Mobile Exporting

[ New ]

Hi,

I have noticed that there seems to be a bug in the mobile app. When recording 360 video, if you choose your field of view before saving to your device, once saved, it does not save the field of view.

Can we be advised when it will be updated please.

Thanks

Explorer

Re: GoPro Max - Mobile Exporting

[ New ]
I'm not seeing this problem on my phone with the app. Specifically what steps are you taking?

BTW, this is a member to member support forum. We don't have info on future releases.
Tourist

Re: GoPro Max - Mobile Exporting

[ New ]

Okay, so with the new update, we have been given settings for World Lock and Horizon Levelling.

These settings work perfectly in the GoPro App, but when I frame my footage how I want with my settings (for example, camera mounted to the car, always facing towards the front of the car), when I export the 360 file to edit in LumaFusion and then upload to YouTube, the settings seem to get ‘lost’ so to speak.

When I check the footage that has been saved from the app, the settings don’t seem to have been applied.

For reference, the clip below shows the effect I’m trying to achieve, though this is in the GoPro App, I’m trying to achieve this in LumaFusion.

https://youtu.be/MxuIx_RlZjU

Here is the same clip, rendered with the same settings, but as you can see, the car moves from one side of the frame to the other, and when uploaded to YouTube faces the wrong way when the car is cornering, due to not being “locked” in the chosen direction.

https://youtu.be/7zXaHYd8Wpc

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.