Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Max Horizont leveling not working

[ Edited ]

Horizont leveling is not working on my onboard footage from motorcycle racing and when I turn it of it`s also not working like it should because there`s kind of stabilization that always make it worse. See yourself: https://gopro.com/v/0ro9Pa6169Wr9

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Max Horizont leveling not working

I am having a similar problem with video taken from an aircraft:  the GoPro video does not remain oriented in a fixed direction/ horizontal plane  or with the axis of the lenses as mounted.

Instead, during playback the video appears to wander all over the video "sphere" as if one was changing the POV/establishing key frames in the raw video.  This makes the process of editing/establishing key frames difficult as the POV is constantly changing/drifting.

Any ideas?

Highlighted
Nomad

@Longbow, on the exporter.

Did u flagged horizon level and world lock ?

u need to set both options, else the outcome is as u discribed.

@saiger, think its becouse its the RAW unproccessed footage, as sayd, after exporting (and processing) it is correct.

Highlighted
Tourist

If I put on world lock I have to edit every single direction change as the camera always wanty to look in the same driection - makes editing tough on a race course which is not just straight!

Highlighted
Nomad

depends on what u want, a raw 360 style where every can turn the view, or a reframed version.

no one will say reframing is easy , but with insta360 studio it works for me the best.

Highlighted
Tourist

ich will verschiedene normale videos ohne 360 rausspielen, aber ich muss immer den horizont korrigieren. Ich hätte gerne das ich die Stabilisierung komplett ausschalten kann, so dass die Bewegungen natürlich und real wiedergegeben werden, wenn es schon nicht funktioniert mit dem Horizont. Ausserdem wandert die Perspektive beim Bremsen und Beschleunigen rauf und runter, was natürlich unbrauchbar ist - oder ich muss alle 2 sekunden das bild neu editieren! 

Highlighted
Tourist

Nach dem exportieren ist es genau gleich schlecht wie vorher.

es sind zwei probleme:

1. die völlig übertriebene stabilisierung funktioniert nur für ca 20 sec bevor sie anfängt den horizont zu verlieren

2. man kann die stabilisierung nicht abschalten!!

Highlighted
Tourist

ich habe keine ideen mehr, vielleicht hat gopro welche aber die kann man wohl nicht erreichen??