Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

GoPro Max Crashing Adobe Lightroom

I have a fairly powerful computer and the photos only range from 5-10mb. Adobe Lightroom is crashing when I try to edit the 360 photos.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall lightroom. Did not work.

I have sent to an external photographer and he gets the same issues trying to adjust them for me too.

For me, it typically occurred while trying to adjust the exposure or reduce grain.

The photographer mentioned trying to change the file type that GoPro saves files as but I cannot seem to find an option to change the output type for 360 photos.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Max Crashing Adobe Lightroom

@bdad, thanks for reaching out. The spherical (360) photos captured using the MAX camera are saved in JPG format.

I just tested this out on my end and I was able to import a spherical photo (8.69MB file size) into Lightroom CC, made some adjustments to exposure and reduced the image noise.

Highlighted
Sightseer

This happens every time. Weirdly enough (Running windows 10) when I used the native screen recorder WIN KEY +G and tried to record the error it worked fine. As soon as I closed the recorder it broke.

lightroom.PNG
Highlighted
GoPro

@bdad, that's strange. To further isolate the problem, you may try it on a different computer. Just so we can eliminate the possibility of the files themselves causing the issue -- corrupted media. 

Could it also be the Lightroom app? You can check for software updates, and for some settings that might be causing the app to crash. 

Additionally, run any available OS updates and make sure to have the latest update for your Graphics Card/s drivers installed.

Highlighted
Hiker

My LR also crashing if I edit GoPro MAXs jpeg 360' photos.
Every time when I 'touch' MAXs photo, LR freezes!

WHAT TO DO?!

Highlighted
GoPro

@vr360enthusiast, have you already tried the troubleshooting steps I've previously suggested? This can help us further isolate the issue.

Highlighted
Hiker

I think I found the PROBLEM. My Lightroom freezes WHEN I 'touch' NOISE slider. It must to be 0.
Don't touch! When I set/slide some noise reduction, LR freeze in the moment!
This is the first impression. I need more tests.

Highlighted
Hiker

I think the comp or application LR is not the problem. I edited last months with this comp and LR many photos. From Nikon D850, D5, Z6, D600, D3, D90, Canon, 2 Phones, from two drones Hubsan and Yuneec, Gopro Fusion 360, Xiaomi 360 miija, Gopro 5 and 2 .
Everything is ok with LR.
I think the problem is with some in the image format of MAX cam. But it is interesting what. I'll try some different settings of coloe, sharpnes ... maybe is here the catch.