Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Max Blurry video and pictures

[ New ]
Hi! So I just got my new GoPro Max and didn’t come with a micro SD card, I had a free Kingston 16 GB at my house so I used it to update the camera and start to soy some try outs, the thing is my videos and pictures recorded REALLYYYY blurry, it was visible without zoom, imagine after zooming in, even after downloading the vídeo/picture (that is supposed to be better than the low quality version showing on the cameras album), tried changing some stuff in the adjustments but still blurry, my question is: does the right SD card play an important game in getting a good quality video and picture? Or am I going to get a blurry video and pictures everytime I use the camera!?
Ps: another question, Is there a way to take a picture with out de fish eye effect? The only two options I have is wide and the angular function, but I’d love to have the other two options on the video I’m hero mode that takes the video with out the fish eye effect (can’t forget the terms hehehe)
THANKS!

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: GoPro Max Blurry video and pictures

[ New ]

The video and photo's are actually pretty clear until you move, that's where the blur starts.   There's some reasons for this.

Your'e shooting indoors in very low light.

You're camera is hand held, so every slight movement of your hand is causing movement which is creating blur in low light.

The stabilization also adds blur in low light when the camera is moving.

When indoors you should use the best lighting possible.

You should also have the camera mounted on a tripod.

If you go outdoors into bright natural sunlight, you will see there is a dramatic improvement in picture and video quality due to the abundance of strong light.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]

Since you didn't post any photo's or a link to any video, we cannot see what the issue is with your "blurry photo's".  An incorrect SD card shouldn't cause blurry photo's, if anything it would cause the camera to lock up, not take photo's or video's, or maybe result in pixilation.

Unfortunatly due to lack of detail it's going to be hard to tell you what "stuff" to adjust to improve image quality.

Also you're using a 360 degree spherical camera.  The whole thing is basically two fish eye's back to back.  You can put it in Linear in Hero mode, but that will only shoot at a forward angle using one lens.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi! Sorry, here are some proofs of whats happening, the main problem is the video in hero mode.

Upleaded the videos on youtube

Hero Mode: https://youtu.be/GnUWmG-DXo4

360 Mode: https://youtu.be/CxBleMjgGTk

Also theres a picture below.

Please tell me is the SD card and its not the camera that records in that terrible quality.

THANKS!

GPTempDownload.JPG
Nomad

[ New ]

The video and photo's are actually pretty clear until you move, that's where the blur starts.   There's some reasons for this.

Your'e shooting indoors in very low light.

You're camera is hand held, so every slight movement of your hand is causing movement which is creating blur in low light.

The stabilization also adds blur in low light when the camera is moving.

When indoors you should use the best lighting possible.

You should also have the camera mounted on a tripod.

If you go outdoors into bright natural sunlight, you will see there is a dramatic improvement in picture and video quality due to the abundance of strong light.