Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Max Battery won't charge

[ New ]

Hi,

I purchased the GoPro Max direct from GoPro and received it 3 days ago. I cannot charge the battery while it is in the GoPro Max unit. The red light comes on and it shows the charging symbol but after several hours, the battery has less power and eventually runs out of juice. I managed to charge the battery separately using a charging unit but it just won't work in the GoPro Max unit. 

I have tried the same plug and cable to charge my Hero 9 and it works fine so it isn't the charger or the lead. I have tried several tips shared on your website about resetting the Max unit, taking the SD card out, turning the unit on and off but it just doesn't work. I have tried all sorts. 

It seems like there is a serious issue with the GoPro Max unit or the battery.  Could you please advise about sending the unit back for replacement?

Kind Regards,

James. 

GoPro

Re: GoPro Max Battery won't charge

[ New ]

Hi @quickbluff44481

It may be an issue with the battery connectors or the ports.

Let our Support Team check on this further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please have your camera's serial number and proof of purchase ready.

Thanks!

Ej