Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

GoPro Max Android Editing

I have a Samsung S5e tablet and have loaded the GoPro app. It connects to my Max and downloads the media (Hero video, 360 video and photos). I tried to load it on my LG G5 but this is capped at Android 6 and won't let me download it.

I'm a newbie to this camera, but there doesn't seem to be any way to edit the 360 video. Say I take a 12 sec clip . I can see it on the S5e, then I touch the overlapping circle icon in the middle of the picture and the gopro spinning wheel appears. I've tried waiting for up to 15 mins but nothing happens.

As a Windows 10 user I'm still waiting for the PC version of the software, so currently have no solution to edit 360 video. Rather diappointing.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Max Android Editing

Hi @back2thebike

Compatible Mobile Devices

• iOS Devices (iOS 11 or newer)
  • Android devices running Android 7.0 or later(Tablets not supported)
  • For compatibility with 360 degree media from GoPro MAX or Fusion, check out this article

Regarding feature updates on Max Exporter, please continue checking our website: GoPro Player/GoPro MAX Exporter: Release Notes 

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @back2thebike

Compatible Mobile Devices

• iOS Devices (iOS 11 or newer)
  • Android devices running Android 7.0 or later(Tablets not supported)
  • For compatibility with 360 degree media from GoPro MAX or Fusion, check out this article

Regarding feature updates on Max Exporter, please continue checking our website: GoPro Player/GoPro MAX Exporter: Release Notes 

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks for the link. I've spoken to GoPro and they tell me the tablet does t have a fast enough processor to render 360. I have added the Max Exporter on  y PC and using PowerDi can now do basic 360 3editing.