Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Max 360 "Camera Busy" message v1.40.0

@aenriquiz I am on iPhone 10xR, iOS version 13.3.1, and GoPro app version 6.7. GoPro Max version 1.40.0
Highlighted
GoPro

@rockyriver72484, @sharphero0187, thanks again for the prompt responses. I reached out to the team and this appears to be a normal behavior of the app/camera to help improve the camera performance in 360 mode, particularly in terms of stabilization.

Highlighted
Tourist

Can we get an option to switch the improvement on and off in order to get the live preview while recording, as I shoot a lot of stuff from static positions and need to see what's going on while shooting.

Highlighted
GoPro

@sharphero0187, this isn't currently an option in the app. MAX camera captures everything around. After filming, you can take creative control of your spherical footage using the app -- see How to Use Reframe in the GoPro App.

Anyhow, we appreciate the insight as it can help us build a better experience with our products and applications. We'll relay this information to the team in charge. Let us know if anything else comes up. Stay stoked & have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

Highlighted
Tourist

Is there a phone/app combo that does allow this feature again? If I purchase an iPhone 11 would that have the power to view 360 video while filming? Is it due to my phones RAM or other features that this works no more? Or is this change affecting every phone style? Would love to have this again as it was great when filming from a stationary place.
Highlighted
Tourist

It was an option before the update, so why take it away? Some of us use the MAX for precise narrative work, where we control everything and want to see the action as it unfolds not after.