Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro Max 360 "Camera Busy" message v1.40.0

When I originally purchased the GoPro Max and shot 360 5.6k, 30fps footage, I was able to view the video on my iPhone 10XR while recording. After updating to software version 1.40 on the GoPro Max, I now get a "Camera Busy" message when I hit record. When I stop recording the image reappears and I can view the space on the phone.

I can view the 360 space no problem when in preview. 

Am wondering if there is a bug in version 1.40? Would love to have the option again to view the video while recording in 360. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Max 360 "Camera Busy" message v1.40.0

@rockyriver72484, @sharphero0187, thanks again for the prompt responses. I reached out to the team and this appears to be a normal behavior of the app/camera to help improve the camera performance in 360 mode, particularly in terms of stabilization.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Hiker

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi there, 

Same issue here on iphone and android verions of apps. Before the update could preview the 360 video while recording which is crucial for my application use. Why was this taken away?

Highlighted
GoPro

@rockyriver72484, @sharphero0187, we'd like to gather a few more details to help us isolate the problem. What's the phone model used and the iOS/Android version installed? And just to double-check, which version of the GoPro App do you have installed?

Highlighted
Tourist

On Android, I;ve got app version 6.7 (8628), I'm on android 10 on the pixel xl. On ios I'm on iphone SE, app version 6.7 as well.

Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for the details, @sharphero0187. Lastly, what's the iOS version installed on your iPhone SE?

Highlighted
Tourist

ios version is 13.3.1

Highlighted
GoPro

@sharphero0187, got it. I appreciate you providing us the requested information. I'll pass these details to the team in charge.