Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Max 360 - Too many issues

I bought GoPro Max 360 for about one week. I am very disappointment that there are too many issues.

user platform: iOS, iPhone 8

1. 360 videos and photos CAN NOT export to iPhone's camera roll. It's too bad.

2. I use GoPro app to share my 360 photo to "Facebook" and "LINE", both of these apps CAN NOT show my 360 photos normally.

3. I use GoPro app to edit a 360 video and convert to a flat video, however, it shows a big color block.

12321321321.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Max 360 - Too many issues

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the app, @stanleyy627. We're actually aware of this and will be addressing it in future releases. 

Highlighted
Tourist

2 weeks passed, I am very regretful for buying this incomplete product.

Can I return it? It is a very very bad user experience.

I found more issues in these days...

1. display light-leaking: My GoPro max has this issue. Does your company think display light-leaking is not a problem? 

2. The "Quik | Desktop" software (Windows version) is just a garbage. I CANNOT edit my .360 file and convert it to MP4(the H264 option is unavailable).

3. Once time I press the record button, the screen frozen but the top-right timer keeps going. However, I can't find the video after filming the video. I turned off my GoPro Max and it crashed. It became normal after I reload the battery.

How dare you launch a incomplete product?

Highlighted
Tourist

Same case here.

I am also very disappointed for those issues.

I buy this for a trip but it just didn't work on the software on that trip.

How to return this product? Can anyone from Gopro answer this?

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I just got mine and it seems that you cant export from MAX via usb the 360 files to Go pro quick mac to edit them ? is that right ? that s..

it means you need to edit first on phone and transfer via bluetooth (air drop) to mac. this may take age with longer videos. 

but perhaps i missed something...

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

This was happening to me too....WAS I say because before today, Quik did not recognise files via the =USB cable so I was taking the SD card out and mounting the drive to copy files over (BTW Quik still starts this way as well but still did not see the files)

Today (with not updating of either the MAX or Quik)....I plugged the card in, Quik started...all normal....BUT then it transferred the files!!!! (albeit into an incorrectly dated folder in the target drive...this has happened randomly with the GoPro 7 as well)..but the video files were transferred! 

I deleted the new folder, put the card back into the Max and connected via USB and the same thing happened! Incorrect date for folder but the files were there!! MIRACLE!

I did notice that Quik did not transfer the .LRV files into the folder BUT they were in the RECENT ITEMS of the app, so that's weird!

I repeated the process and Quik worked "properly" again.....HUH?

* MacOs (NOT Catalina...yet!)

Highlighted
Nomad

EDIT: I have checked my SD card this time....Quik only transferred the HERO mode and Time lapse files so basically only the native MP3 files...it did not transfer the new .360 format files! 

So still issues!

Highlighted
Tourist

yeap that s.. I believe you need to transfer through phone app before in order to convert them to mp4 and from then edit with whatever..

Now, seems that the iphone app is pretty flawless, but again wonder how long this will take for long videos :(